[ecoop-info] Open position for a tenure-track professorship (assistant, associate, or full) - University of Lugano

Mauro Prevostini mauro.prevostini at usi.ch
Fri Dec 11 15:02:58 CET 2009

Università della Svizzeria Italiana
(University of Lugano)
Faculty of Informatics

***********  Open position for one professorship (tenure-track assistant, associate, or full)  ***************

The University of Lugano (Switzerland) invites applications from
candidates of international research standing for Full, Associate, or
Assistant Professor positions in computer science. The new professors
will be expected to conduct world-class research in computer science and
to contribute to teaching at all levels.

The Faculty of Informatics at the University of Lugano was established
in October 2004. It offers Bachelor's, Master's, and PhD degrees in
computer science, with an innovative, project-based, inter-disciplinary
curriculum. The research of the current faculty falls in the areas of
software engineering, distributed systems, networking, information
retrieval, programming languages, computer architecture, automatic
verification and computational science. We are looking to complement and
extend our research areas. Applicants in selected areas of computer
science are welcome with particular interest in programming languages,
systems or theory with focus on multicore or cryptography. We
particularly welcome candidates with a strong interest in developing
systems and tools in support of their research and teaching.

The official teaching language at the faculty is English.

Basic requisites:
-----------------
- PhD or equivalent
- Substantial research record commensurate with experience level

Applications:
-------------
Applications with curriculum vitae, list of publications, the names of
three referees, and an overview of personal teaching and research goals
should be sent in electronic form (preferably in PDF format) to the
following email address: submission at unisi.ch.

Deadline:
---------
Closing date for application is January 31st, 2010.

The University of Lugano specifically encourages female candidates to
apply with a view towards increasing the proportion of female professors.

General information about the Faculty of Informatics of the University
of Lugano can be found at http://www.inf.usi.ch.

Address questions concerning these open positions to elisa.larghi at usi.ch.