[ecoop-info] DiScoTec 2010: Call for Workshop Proposals
zavattar at cs.unibo.it
Tue Nov 17 16:29:37 CET 2009
[We apologize for multiple copies]
5th International Federated Conferences on
Distributed Computing Techniques
Amsterdam, Netherlands, 7-9 June 2010
Call for Workshop Proposals
A workshop is intended to provide a forum for members of a focused research
community to present preliminary research results and discuss position-style
papers. Workshops are alternative forums for presenting full research
papers. As such, organizers are encouraged to adopt an format that fosters
interaction and discussion, devoting less focus to individual, formal
DisCoTec 2010 invites proposals for one day workshops to be held in
conjunction with the main events. Prospective workshop organizers are
requested to follow the guidelines below and are encouraged to contact the
workshop chair should any questions arise.
Workshop proposal deadline: December 17, 2009
Workshop proposal notification: December 23, 2009
Workshop: June 10, 2010
Submission and notification deadlines of the workshops are at the discretion
of the individual workshop organizers, however notification must be no later
than the early registration deadline for the main conference.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
Workshop proposals must be written in English, not exceed 5 pages with a
reasonable font and margin, and be submitted in PDF format via email to
Marcello Bonsangue (marcello at liacs.nl).
Proposals should include the following information:
* The title, theme, and goals of the workshop.
* The targeted audience and the expected minimum and maximum number of
participants. We prefer that workshops remain open to participation
from any members of the community, but by-invitation-only workshops
will also be considered. Please explicitly state your preference.
* The publicity strategy that will be used by the workshop organizers
to promote the workshop.
* The participant solicitation and selection process.
* Publication plan. Each workshop is responsible for managing its own
publication (e.g., pre- or post- proceedings), if any is desired.
* Approximate budget proposal (see section Budget below for details).
* A preliminary version of the call for papers. This CFP must include
important dates including submission, notification, and camera-ready
* The equipment and any other resource necessary for the organization
of the workshop.
* A brief description of the organizer's background, including relevant
past experience on organizing workshops and contact information.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed by the following committee:
* Frank S. de Boer, CWI, NL (DiScoTec 2010 General Chair)
* Marcello M. Bonsangue, University of Leiden, NL (Workshops Chair)
* Immo Grabe, CWI, NL
* Stephanie Kemper, CWI, NL
* Alexandra Silva, CWI, NL
Acceptance is based on an evaluation of the workshop's potential for
generating useful results, the timeliness and expected interest in the
topic, the organizer's ability to lead a successful workshop, and
potential for attracting sufficient number of participants.
Workshop publicity is responsability of the organizers. In particular they
are responsible for the following items:
1. A workshop description (200 words) for inclusion on the DisCoTec site.
2. Hosting and maintaining web pages to be linked from the DisCoTec site.
Workshop coordinators can integrate their pages into the wiki-page of
3. Workshop proceedings, if any. If there is enough interest, the
organizer of DiScoTec 2010 may contact Elevier for having a common
volume of the Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science
(http://info.eptcs.org/) dedicated to the workshops of DiScoTec 2010.
4. Publicising the event.
DisCoTec will provide registration and organizational support for the
workshops. Registration fees must be paid for all participants, including
organizers and invited guests.
To cover lunches, coffee breaks and basic organizational expenses, all
workshops will be required to charge a minimum participation fee (the
precise amount is still to be determined). Each workshop may increase this
fee to cover additional expenses such as publication charges, student
scholarships, registration for invited speakers, etc. All fees will be
collected by the DisCoTec organizers as part of the registration, then
additional funds will be redistributed to the individual workshop
Marcello Bonsangue (marcello at liacs.nl)
More information about the ecoop-info