[ecoop-info] EuroSys 2011 Call For Workshops
Ben L. Titzer
ben.titzer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 18:51:04 CEST 2010
Call for Workshops
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for workshops
to be held in conjunction with the EuroSys 2011 conference. The purpose of
workshops is to provide a forum for exchanging opinions, presenting ideas,
and discussing preliminary results in a small and interactive atmosphere.
Proposals should include:
* Workshop name and a 150 to 200 word abstract describing the workshop,
suitable for the conference web site.
* A short summary of the topic, scope and significance of the workshop
including a discussion on the relevance to EuroSys topics. Please include
information about past iterations of the workshop, if any.
* Information about the procedure for selecting papers plans for
dissemination (for example, special issues of journals, or position
statements distributed to the participants), the expected number of
participants and the planned workshop format.
* A brief CV of each of the organizers including contact addresses and
an identification of a single primary contact.
All proposals will be judged on their merits and the best proposals will be
accepted. Specifically, workshops that have been organized at previous
iterations of Eurosys are not automatically accepted this year. For
instance, we will take into account the success of previous events (in terms
of attendance, submissions, etc.) in our deliberations.
The EuroSys organization provides:
* Link from EuroSys and Workshop web sites.
* Management of registration for participants.
* Setup of meeting space, and related equipment.
* Coffee-breaks and workshop lunch arrangements.
For workshops interested in publishing their proceedings, the EuroSys
organization will provide the following support. Note that workshop
proceedings would not be part of the EuroSys conference proceedings, but
would be published as a separate volume.
* Collect camera-ready versions of the papers and their copyright forms.
* Provide support for publishing on the on-site CD.
* Provide support to obtain an ISBN number.
* Publish papers in ACM digital library (pending confirmation).
The main responsibility of organizing a workshop goes to the chairperson(s)
of the workshop. The workshop organization must take care of:
* Coordinating deadlines and acceptance notifications for workshop
papers with the EuroSys Workshop co-chairs.
* Workshop publicity, call for papers, and submission and review
* Providing a brief description of the workshop for inclusion on the
EuroSys web page.
* Scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the EuroSys local
Workshop proposals due: October 22, 2010 (11:59am CEST)
Acceptance notification: November 11, 2010
Date of workshops: April 10, 2011
Please send electronic submissions to
eurosys-2011-workshops at googlegroups.com. You can expect a confirmation on
receipt of the proposal. If you do not receive a confirmation, please resend
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ecoop-info