[ecoop-info] MODELS 2010 Call for Workshops
Franck.Fleurey at sintef.no
Mon Mar 15 11:13:53 CET 2010
MODELS 2010 - CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
ACM/IEEE 13th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering
Languages and Systems
October 3-8, 2010, Oslo, Norway
Call for workshop proposals:
The MODELS series of conferences is the premier venue for the exchange of innovative technical ideas and experiences relating to model-driven approaches in the development of software-based systems. Topics covered by the conference include domain-specific modeling languages, model-driven engineering, model transformations, aspect-oriented modeling, verification and validation and real-time.
Following the tradition of previous conferences, MODELS 2010 will host a number of workshops, during the three days before the main conference. The workshops will provide a collaborative forum for a group of typically 15 to 30 participants to exchange recent and/or preliminary results, to conduct intensive discussions on a particular topic, or to coordinate efforts between representatives of a technical community. They are intended as a forum for lively discussion of innovative ideas, recent progress, or practical experience on model-driven engineering for specific aspects, specific problems, or domain-specific needs. Each workshop should provide a balanced distribution of its time for both presentation of papers (favoring the attendance of young researchers) and discussions. We encourage prospective workshop organizers to submit proposals for highly-interactive workshops focusing on areas related to modeling in general. Both research-oriented and applied topics are welcome. The duration of these workshops is one day.
Deadline for submissions: March 31, 2010
Proposer notification: May 14, 2010
(All dates are according to time zone UTC+12.)
Submit your workshop proposal electronically in PDF using the Springer LNCS style to models2010-workshops at ifi.uio.no. Please ensure that you adhere to the workshop proposal guidelines (given below) providing all requested information about the proposed workshop using at most five pages. Please add in addition a one page draft of your planned Call for Papers to the proposal (not included in the five pages). In order to ensure a proper coordination with the deadlines of the main conference, the following constraints have to be respected by the deadlines you plan for your workshop:
Workshop web site and CFP: not later than June 15, 2010
Deadline for submissions: to be determined
Notification of authors: before end of early registration
(most likely September 2, 2010)
Workshop dates: October 3–5, 2010
Workshop proposal guidelines:
Here are the guidelines regarding the information you must include in your proposal and how the proposal document needs to be structured.
The proposal must be submitted as a PDF file by e-mail to models2010-workshops at ifi.uio.no.
The proposal must adhere to the following structure:
* Organizers and primary contact (name / affiliation / email)
* Intended audience
* Relevance (in particular to the MODELS community)
* Context (any past events related to your workshop including related conferences, previous workshops, previous sessions, and previous experience of the current organizers)
* Need (comments in favor of your application; if your workshop was at MODELS'09 or any of the former conferences, why is it useful to run it again?)
* Organizers (name / affiliation / background)
* Workshop program committee (indicated as finalized or expected)
* Would you be willing to merge your workshop with other workshops on a similar topic if this were a condition for hosting your workshop at MODELS?
* Planned deadlines
* Intended paper format
* Evaluation process
* Intended publication of accepted papers (printed proceedings or website)
* Intended workshop format (including duration, number of presentations, and planned keynotes)
* How many participants do you expect (please make at least an educated guess)?
* What kind of equipment do you need (e.g., data projector, computer, whiteboard)?
* Workshop web page (URL of the draft web page, if one exists)
* Draft Call for papers for the Workshop (a one page Call for papers that you intend to send out if your workshop is accepted)
For more information on MODELS 2010 see: http://models2010.ifi.uio.no/index.shtml
Juergen Dingel (Queen's University, Canada; co-chair)
Arnor Solberg (SINTEF, Norway; co-chair)
James Bieman (Colorado State University, USA)
Jean-Marc Jézéquel (INRIA, France)
Alexander Pretschner (TU Kaiserslautern, Germany)
More information about the ecoop-info