[ecoop-info] First Call for Tutorials: The Joint International Semantic Technology Conference (JIST 2011)

shenghui wang shenghui.wang at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 16:52:32 CEST 2011

Apologies for cross-posting!

*
* CALL FOR TUTORIALS
* The Joint International Semantic Technology Conference (JIST 2011)
*
* http://www.jist-conference.org/
*
*
*******Deadline: 15 Sept, 2011******
*
*
* December 4-7, 2011
* Hangzhou, China
*

The Joint International Semantic Technology Conference (JIST) is a regional
federation of Semantic Web related conferences. The mission of JIST is to
bring together researchers in disciplines related to the semantic technology
from across the Asia-Pacific Region. JIST 2011 incorporates the Asian
Semantic Web Conference 2011 (ASWC 2011) and Chinese Semantic Web
Conference 2011 (CSWC 2011).

Besides the main technical programme, JIST will host a number of tutorials
on topics related to the general theme of the conference. We welcome
submissions of tutorial proposals on all major topics related to semantic
technologies, including, but not limited to those covered by the main
conference:

- Applications of the Semantic Web
- Management of Semantic Web Data
- Ontology and Reasoning
- Social Semantic Web
- user Interfaces to the Semantic Web

JIST tutorials may be either for a full day or for a half day, but the
rationale
for the choice needs to be explained in the proposal. Tutorials may focus
entirely on theoretical aspects; however, we encourage organisers to
incorporate hands-on sessions where appropriate. Finally, we expect
proposers to consider tutorials as educational events first, therefore they
should plan to provide the attendees with a comprehensive introduction
to the state-of-the-art in the tutorial’s topic before moving on to
cover specific
approaches in more depth.

* Important Dates

- Proposal submission:  15 September, 2011
- Notification of acceptance:  22 September 2011
- Tutorial date(s) at the conference:  4-5 December 2011

* Submission Guidelines

Tutorial proposals should not exceed 5 pages and should contain the
following information:
- Title
- Abstract (200 words maximum)
- Justification for the tutorial, including timeliness and relevance
to JIST 2011
- Tutorial description (aims, target audience, presentation method, technical
requirements)
- Outline of the tutorial content and schedule
- Information on presenters (name, affiliation, expertise, experience
in teaching
and in tutorial presentation)

Proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file by email to the
Tutorial Chairs:
- Shenghui Wang           shenghui.wang (at) wur.nl
- Ming Zhang                mzhang (at) net.pku.edu.cn