[ecoop-info] RE'11 - Call for Papers and Contributions

Norbert Seyff seyff at ifi.uzh.ch
Mon Jan 10 18:45:11 CET 2011

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

                       CALL FOR PAPERS AND PROPOSALS

                         19th IEEE International
                Requirements Engineering Conference (RE'11)

                R E Q U I R E M E N T S   I N   M O T I O N

                      August 29 - September 2, 2011
                               Trento Italy

                           http://www.re11.org

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

O V E R V I E W

The IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference series (RE) is
the premier international forum for researchers, educators, practitioners
and students to present and discuss the latest innovations, trends,
experiences and concerns in the field of Requirements Engineering.

RE'11 will take place in Trento, Italy, a cosmopolitan city set in a
spectacular mountain scenery, and home to a world-class university
and research centers.

R E ' 1 1   H I G H L I G H T S

Keynote talks       Technical/research track        Industry track
Workshops           Tutorials                       Doctoral symposium
Tool demos          Panels and exhibits             Poster sessions

C O - L O C A T E D   E V E N T S

- The 16th Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems (FMICS) workshop
- The 5th i* workshop

I M P O R T A N T   D A T E S

- Workshop proposals: January 17th, 2011
- Paper abstracts: February 14th, 2011 (research and industry tracks)
- Paper submissions: February 21st, 2011 (research and industry tracks)
- Notification to authors: May 6th, 2011
- Tutorials, Panels, Posters and Doc. Symposium submissions: May 16th, 2011

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

C O N F E R E N C E   T H E M E :
R E Q U I R E M E N T S   I N   M O T I O N

In a world where change has become the only constant, requirements
evolve continuously and inevitably. They do so for a variety of reasons:
users become ever mode demanding, organizations mutate, business
opportunities come
and go, new laws and regulations appear, technologies develop, and so on.

As systems grow ever bigger and more complex, are developed globally and
become more interconnected, the impacts of changes are harder to analyze
and control. In these settings, ensuring that software will continue to
exhibit its intended properties thus becomes trickier. More challenges
are also imposed by new development paradigms (e.g. agile methods and
software product lines) and the increasing demand for specific qualities
such as security and self-adaptation.

Efficient management of change in the broad diversity of Requirements
Engineering (RE) contexts and across the whole RE process continuously
calls for novel research ideas. For this reason, the 19th IEEE
International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE'11) specifically
encourages submissions that address requirements change and evolution.

RE'11 will nevertheless remain true to its tradition and invites papers
that address all facets of RE, from elicitation to validation, from
formal to informal, from large to small, and across people-centric,
business-centric and system-centric viewpoints.

T O P I C S   O F   I N T E R E S T

include but are not limited to

- Requirements elicitation, analysis, documentation, validation and
verification
- Requirements specification languages, methods, processes and tools
- Requirements management, traceability, viewpoints, prioritization
and negotiation
- Modeling of requirements, goals and domains
- Formal analysis and verification
- Prototyping, simulation and animation
- Evolution of requirements over time, product families and variability
- Relating requirements to business goals, architecture and testing
- Social, cultural, global, personal and cognitive factors
- Domain-specific problems, experiences and solutions
- Requirements in service-oriented environments
- Software product management

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

We invite original submissions of high quality papers in the following
categories:

R E S E A R C H   T R A C K

* Technical solution papers - present solutions for requirements-related
problems that are novel or significantly improve on existing solutions.

* Scientific evaluation papers - evaluate existing problem situations
or validate/refute proposed solutions with scientific means, i.e. by
empirical studies, experiments, case studies, simulations, formal
analyses, mathematical proofs, etc.

* Visionary papers  - explore the history, successes, and challenges for
various requirements related practices and research agendas, and outline
research roadmaps for the future.

I N D U S T R Y   C O N T R I B U T I O N S

* Problem statements - present problems or challenges encountered in practice.

* Experience reports - present successes or failures encountered in practice.

O T H E R   C O N T R I B U T I O N S

RE'11 also invites proposals for tutorials, workshops, panels, doctoral
symposium contributions, posters, demos and exhibits.

All information about the various calls can be found at http://www.re11.org

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

G E N E R A L   C H A I R

John Mylopoulos, University of Trento, Italy / University of Toronto, Canada

P R O G R A M   C H A I R

Patrick Heymans, University of Namur / PReCISE, Belgium

C O N F E R E N C E   O R G A N I Z A T I O N

Anna Perini, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy
Angelo Susi, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy

I N D U S T R Y   T R A C K   C H A I R

Samuel Fricker, Fuchs-Informatik AG / University of Zurich, Switzerland

M E N T O R I N G   P R O G R A M   C H A I R

Barbara Paech, University of Heidelberg, Germany

W O R K S H O P   C H A I R S

Daniel Amyot, University of Ottawa, Canada
Luciano Baresi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy

T U T O R I A L   C H A I R S

Travis Breaux, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Luisa Mich, University of Trento, Italy

D O C T O R A L   S Y M P O S I U M   C H A I R S

Jane Cleland-Huang, DePaul University, USA
Vincenzo Gervasi, University of Pisa, Italy

P O S T E R S,   D E M O S   A N D   E X H I B I T S   C H A I R S

Paolo Giorgini, University of Trento, Italy
Seok-Won Lee, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA

P U B L I C A T I O N   C H A I R S

Gilles Perrouin, University of Namur, Belgium
Marco Roveri, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy

P U B L I C I T Y   T E A M

Norbert Seyff, University of Zurich, Switzerland (chair)
Naoufel Kraiem, INSI, Tunisia
Lin Liu, Tsinghua University, China
Raimundas Matulevicius, University of Tartu, Estonia
Nan Niu, Mississippi State University, USA
Julio Leite, PUC Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

W E B M A S T E R S

Germain Saval, University of Namur, Belgium
Luca Sabatucci, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy

ORGANIZATION SUPPORT FROM FBK 'CONFERENCES AND EVENTS'

Moira Osti, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy
Silvia Malesardi, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

P R O G R A M   B O A R D

Jo Atlee, University of Waterloo, Canada
Jane Cleland-Huang, DePaul University, Chicago, USA
Daniela Damian, University of Victoria, Canada
Olly Gotel, USA
Mats Heimdahl, University of Minnesota, USA
Alexander Egyed, Johannes Kepler University, Austria
Bashar Nuseibeh, Open University, UK
Klaus Pohl, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Bjorn Regnell, University of Lund, Sweden
Pete Sawyer, Lancaster University, UK
Tetsuo Tamai, University of Tokyo, Japan
Sebastian Uchitel, Imperial College, UK
Roel Wieringa, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Andrea Zisman, City University, UK

P R O G R A M   C O M M I T T E E

Daniel Amyot, University of Ottawa, Canada
Annie Anton, North Carolina State University, USA
Mikio Aoyama, Nanzan University, Japan
Dan Berry, University of Waterloo, Canada
Travis Breaux, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Sjaak Brinkkemper, Universiteit Utrecht, The Netherlands
Jaelson Castro, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
Marsha Chechik, University of Toronto, Canada
Ruzanna Chitchyan, Lancaster University, UK
Eric Dubois, Public Research Centre Henri Tudor, Luxembourg
Marlon Dumas, University of Tartu, Estonia
Anthony Finkelstein, University College London, UK
Xavier Franch, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain
Don Gause, Binghamton University, USA
Vincenzo Gervasi, University of Pisa, Italy
Carlo Ghezzi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Martin Glinz, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Stefania Gnesi, ISTI, Pisa, Italy
Paul Gruenbacher, Johannes Kepler University, Austria
Connie Heitmeyer, Naval Research Laboratory, USA
Jane Huffman Hayes, University of Kentucky, USA
Daniel Jackson, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Michael Jackson, The Open University, UK
Ivan Jureta, University of Namur, Belgium
Natalia Juristo, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
Marjo Kauppinen, University of Helsinki, Finland
Kim Lauenroth, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Soren Lauesen, IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Seok-Won Lee, University of Nebraska, USA
Julio Leite, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Emmanuel Letier, University College of London, UK
Sotirios Liaskos, York University, Canada
Robyn Lutz, Iowa State University, USA
Neil Maiden, City University London, UK
Haris Mouratidis, University of East London, UK
Andreas L. Opdahl, University of Bergen, Norway
Barbara Paech, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Isabelle Perseil, INSERM, France
Motoshi Saeki, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
Camille Salinesi, Universite Paris 1 - Sorbonne, France
Guttorm Sindre, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
Alistair Sutcliffe, University of Manchester, UK
Axel van Lamsweerde, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
Jon Whittle, Lancaster University, UK
Eric Yu, University of Toronto, Canada
Yijun Yu, The Open University, UK
Jin Zhi, Beijing University, China
Didar Zowghi, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia

I N D U S T R Y   T R A C K   B O A R D

Christof Ebert, Vector Consulting Services GmbH, Germany
Tony Gorschek, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
Gil Regev, EPFL and Itecor, Switzerland

I N D U S T R Y   T R A C K   C O M M I T T E E

Ian Alexander, Scenario Plus, UK
Aybuke Aurum, University of New South Wales, Australia
Joy Beatty, Seilevel Inc., USA
Brian Berenbach, Siemens Corporate Research, USA
Ilia Bider, IbisSoft ab, Sweden
Carlo Daffara, Conecta Research Ltd., Italy
Stefano de Panfilis, Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A., Italy
Joerg Doerr, Fraunhofer IESE, Germany
Rainer Grau, Zuehlke Engineering AG, Switzerland
Lin Liu, Tsinghua University, China
Walid Maalej, TU Muenchen, Germany
Alistair Mavin, Rolls-Royce, UK
Oscar Pastor, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
Juha Savolainen, Nokia, Finland
Erik Simmons, Intel Corporation, USA
Inge van de Weerd, Utrecht University, Netherlands

S P O N S O R E D   B Y

* IEEE Computer Society
* Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy

Do you want to become a sponsor of RE'11? Please contact us.

C O N T A C T

For all inquiries, see http://www.re11.org > Contact

S E E   Y O U   I N   T R E N T O !

                               . . . C I   V E D I A M O   A   T R E N T O !