[ecoop-info] Faculty Position at Lancaster University, UK

Awais Rashid marash at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Tue Oct 18 11:02:26 CEST 2011

Reader
Lancaster University - School of Computing and Communications

Salary:  £46,696 - £52,556

Closing date:  25 November 2011

Lancaster's School of Computing and Communications integrates the
University's long-established research and teaching activities in
Computer Science and Communications Engineering.  As part of an
investment programme that has already seen us fill two new posts in
2011, we now wish to appoint a new Readership (equivalent to Associate
Professor in the US system).

For this Readership post we wish to encourage applications from
well-established senior researchers in one of the following areas
(although strong applications in other areas will also be considered):

1. Software engineering: we particularly encourage those with a
multidisciplinary perspective on software engineering and/or those
applying software engineering principles in emerging areas such as Cloud
Computing, Service Engineering or Adaptive Systems.

2. Security: cybersecurity, digital forensics, identity management,
privacy management; we particularly encourage those interested in novel
engineering methodologies and tools related to these security domains.

3. Social computing: social networks, data mining, semantic web,
recommender systems, social media intelligence.

4. Networking: next-generation networks and Internet architectures,
security and resilience in communication networks.

5. Communications systems: network coding and signal processing,
information theory.

For context, the School's research spans the following general areas:
Communications and Networking, Computer Systems, Intelligent Systems,
Software Engineering and Human-Computer Interaction.  We value research
that cuts across traditional research fields and encourage
multidisciplinary research with high impact.  Our work is applied in a
wide range of domains including energy, transport, cyber crime and
social computing.

You will have a substantial international reputation and a strong
research vision.  You will also have the capability to develop and lead
a research team, to secure significant research funding, and to
contribute towards the impact of our research.  Teaching is important to
us, and we expect you to be a committed teacher and to contribute to the
development of our portfolio of courses, including our international
partnerships.

If you are interested in this post we invite you to contact the Head of
School (Prof. Geoff Coulson) for an informal discussion
(geoff at comp.lancs.ac.uk; +1524 510306).

For further information and to apply online, please visit:

http://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=A299