[ecoop-info] Three PhD grants in Ubiquitous Computing and Interaction at Aarhus University, Denmark.

Kaj Grønbæk kgronbak at cs.au.dk
Mon Apr 23 09:02:51 CEST 2012

Three PhD grants in Ubiquitous Computing and Interaction at Aarhus University, Denmark, is available at the Department of Computer Science (www.cs.au.dk) starting August 1, 2012.

The department has research groups within “Algorithms and Data Structures”, “Data-Intensive Systems”, “Cryptography and Security”, “Mathematical Computer Science”, “Ubiquitous Computing and Interaction”, “Computer-Mediated Activity”, “Use, Design and Innovation”, “Programming Languages”, “Computer Graphics and Image Processing” and “Bioinformatics”. In addition we work on building strong competences within “Software Engineering / Multicore/ Systems”, “Machine Learning / Data Mining” and “Quantum Informatics”.

The department has a staff of 140 people including 25 full and associate professors, 5 assistant professors, 25 post docs and 65 PhD students. The number of students is approximately 1,000.

The three PhD projects descriptions can be found on http://talent.au.dk/phd/scienceandtechnology/opencalls/ and more specifically on the following links.
Digital Training Equipment for Sports Grounds
EcoSense: Collective Sensing and Macroscopic Analysis Methods for Reducing Company- and Society-level Environmental Footprints
PosLogistics: A position based real time hospital resource planning system – optimized for logistical processes
Applicants must apply online at the above Web site before the deadline May 1st, 2012. Applicants must document a strong grading record from their Bachelor's/Master's studies. Further information can be obtained from professor Kaj Grønbæk (kgronbak at cs.au.dk).

Aarhus University offers an inspiring education and research environment for 40,000 students and 11,000 members of staff, ensuring results of a high international standard. The budgeted turnover for 2012 amounts to DKK 6.2 billion. The university’s strategy and development contract are available at www.au.dk/en.