[ecoop-info] Workshop at CSERC 2012 (Visualization in University Level Computer Science Education

Shah Rukh Humayoun humayoun at cs.uni-kl.de
Mon Jul 23 15:47:56 CEST 2012

Dear all,

At this year's CSERC 2012 (Computer Science Education
Research
Conference), we are organizing a workshop with title
“Visualization in
University Level Computer Science Education”. CSERC'2012
aims at creating
a platform for researchers in the field of computer
science education.
Over the years it has become clear that there is a need
for more
fundamental knowledge about and input into computer
science education.
CSERC 2012 will be held in conjunction with FedCSIS 2012
at Wrocław
University of Technology, Wrocław, Poland, September
9 - 12, 2012.

The topic of our workshop is: Visualization in University
Level Computer
Science Education

Our aim is to consider the diversity of visual
representations in computer
science education, to learn from best practice and to
develop a vision on,
and research agenda for, collaboration on visualization
patterns and
teaching guidelines. The workshop's goal is to exchange
ideas,
experiences, viewpoints from different disciplines, and
visions on the
role of industry and academia in developing a common
ground for aware
design and teaching.

We would like to encourage you to participate at our
workshop! Those
interested in participating should submit an extended
abstract (1-2 pages)
for a position paper. Formatting guidelines can be found
on the main
conference's website: http://www.fedcsis.org/node/15
Please send the abstracts in PDF format to cserc12 at hciv.de

The deadline is July 31.

For more information on the workshop please have a look at
our website:
http://hciv.de/cserc12

We hope that you'll be able to participate at our workshop
and are looking
forward to receiving your contributions!

Many regards,
Workshop Organizers