[ecoop-info] MODULARITY: aosd.2013 - Student Volunteer program
bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Nov 19 15:32:10 CET 2012
*** MODULARITY: aosd.2013 ***
March 25-29, 2013
Call for Student Volunteers
The Student Volunteer program is a great opportunity for students
interested in topics of advanced modularity and Aspect-Oriented
Software Development (AOSD) to stay tuned on the cutting edge
scientific and technical advances in this area. This is also an
opportunity for the interested grad and undergrad students to engage
with their peers: both students and senior researchers and
practitioners. As ever, the AOSD 2013 Student Volunteer program will
strive to provide an active and interactive environment for the
students to benefit from the research program of the conference, as
well as to develop their professional network and enjoy the social
* The AOSD 2013 Student Volunteer program will provide 10 dedicated
spots for graduate students.
* The applications will be prioritized based on the relevance of the
student work to AOSD, the potential extension of the AOSD community
via integration of related work from new/underrepresented research
groups, and the circumstances of individual students.
* Application deadline: Friday, December 14th, 2012
* Notification: Sunday, December 23rd, 2012
The student volunteers will receive:
* Free student registration for the conference (including lunch on all
* Excellent networking opportunities: both working as a team with
other volunteers, and interacting with other conference participants.
* The program chairs will strive to (as much as possible) ensure that
the volunteers are assigned to the tutorials, workshops,
demonstrations or other events of their interest.
* When not on duty, volunteers will have free admission to all
conference events, provided space is available.
The student volunteers will provide 15-20 hours of work on conference
support tasks throughout the duration of the conference, including:
* Technical assistance for the main conference sessions, workshops,
tutorials, demonstrations, or evening events.
* Help at conference bag packing and signposting.
* Help at the registration desk.
* Help in arranging, rearranging and disassembling conference facilities.
* Technical assistance to speakers and conference participants.
The applicants for student volunteer positions must be:
* Enrolled as a full-time student during the 2012-2013 academic year.
* Willing to be friendly (no natural outgoing personality required,
just a strong desire to do a good job).
* Proficiency in English is an advantage.
* Proficiency in other languages is also an advantage.
How to Apply
Please send your application in English by email to the Student
Volunteers Chairs at [student-volunteers at aosd.net]. The Student
Volunteers Chairs will confirm receipt of the submission. An
application should include:
* A short motivation Letter;
* A CV
* Contact name, phone number, and email address of a faculty member at
your institution who will recommend you as a student volunteer
(Supervisors might be contacted to confirm the appropriateness of the
* The dates and times of your arrival and departure
In the event that one's student volunteer application is not accepted,
you may still register using the early registration rate. Please
contact registration at aosd.net.
If you have further questions please contact the Student Volunteers
Chair (Yasutaka Kamei) at student-volunteers at aosd.net.
More information about the ecoop-info