[ecoop-info] Last reminder SMAP 2013 - International Workshop on Semantic and Social Media Adaptation and Personalization

Philippe Roose Philippe.Roose at iutbayonne.univ-pau.fr
Fri Jun 28 22:42:05 CEST 2013

Apologies for cross-posting

--------------------------- Call for Papers ---------------------------
                                SMAP 2013
                        8th International Workshop
on Semantic and Social Media Adaptation and Personalization
                     December 12-13, 2013
                           Bayonne, France
www.smap2013.org <http://www.smap2013.org/>

                 technically co-sponsored by
    IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS)
and
IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society (SMCS)

The Semantic and Social Media Adaptation and Personalization (SMAP)
workshop is the evolution of the Semantic Media Adaptation and
Personalization initiative, which was founded during the summer of 2006
in an effort to discuss the state of the art, recent advances and future
perspectives for semantic media adaptation and personalization. As the
social web is a new trend becoming more and more important, the scope of
the workshop is now extended to social aspects, seeking to bring
together researchers from the social web and from the semantic web
communities, under the umbrella of the media adaptation and
personalization domain.

After seven successful workshops (in Athens, London, Prague, San
Sebastian, Limassol, Vigo and Luxembourg), the SMAP conference series
has consolidated as a reference event in order to discuss about the
newest advances in the field. The 8th SMAP workshop will be held in
Bayonne, France. The workshop is technically co-sponsored by the IEEE
Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) and the IEEE Systems, Man, and
Cybernetics Society (SMCS). The proceedings will be published by the
IEEE Computer Society's Conference Publishing Services (CPS).

This year's keynote speakers will be Fabien Gandon (Senior Research
Scientist and Leader of the Wimmics team at the INRIA  Sophia-Antipolis
Research Center) and Sergio Ilarri (Associate Professor at the
University of Zaragoza).

--------------
Aim and topics
--------------

SMAP covers different issues of semantic technologies and social
semantic technologies in their use for content creation, media
adaptation and filtering, and user profiling.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Content creation, annotation and modelling for semantic and social web.
- Computational intelligence for media adaptation and personalization
- Semantics-driven indexing and retrieval of multimedia contents.
- User modelling and dynamic profiling.
- Ontologies and reasoning.
- Semantics-based recommender systems: theory and applications.
- Web adaptation methods and techniques.
- Content customization and adaptation.
- Semantic context modelling and extraction.
- Context-aware multimedia applications.
- Adaptive and personalized multimedia summaries
- Multilingual content navigation.
- Social multimedia tagging and multimedia content communities.
- Intelligent personalized interfaces.
- Multimedia standards.
- Hybrid social and semantic approaches to profiling, recommendation
engines or adaptation systems.
- Social multimedia applications (livecasting, audio-video sharing).
- User-generated content mechanisms.
- Adaptive / Personalized conversational media.
- Social and semantic media collaboration platforms (e.g. semantic wikis).
- Social web economics and business.
- Social network aggregation.
- Privacy/Security issues in Social and Personalized Media Applications.

The 1-track, 2-day conference aims to provide a platform for exchanging
fresh ideas and expertise, and for obtaining feedback on ongoing
research. An Award will be given to the best paper presented at the
workshop. The winners of the Award will be announced at the closing
session of the workshop.

-----------------
Papers submission
-----------------
The paper submission deadline is *30/06/2013*. Details about the SMAP
2013 submission guidelines are available on the SMAP'13 website.

--
Philippe

|  LIUPPA Lab - Team T2Ihttp://liuppa.univ-pau.fr          |
|  Home Page:http://www.iutbayonne.univ-pau.fr/~roose/           |
|  IUT de Bayonne/LIUPPA-T2I                                     |
|  2, Allée du Parc Montaury - 64600 Anglet - FRANCE             |
|  phone:+33 [0] 559 57 43 48   cell phone: +33 [0] 681 82 61 60 |
|  La religion? Ce n'est pas ma tasse d'Athée  (Arnaud PISLARD)  |