[ecoop-info] [MODELS 2014]: Call for Papers Educators' Symposium

Bencomo, Nelly n.bencomo at aston.ac.uk
Mon May 12 12:55:57 CEST 2014

      —-> CFP - Call for Papers Educators’ Symposium at MODELS 2014  <—-
     http://models2014.webs.upv.es/educationsymposium.htm
Submission Deadline: July 11, 2014

MODELS 2014  - ACM/IEEE 17th International Conference  on Model-Driven Engineering Language & Systems
Sept. 28th - Oct. 3rd, 2014 – Valencia, Spain   -  http://www.modelsconference.org
The Educators' Symposium<http://models2014.webs.upv.es/educationsymposium.htm> at MODELS 2014 addresses the challenges, techniques and best practices involved in teaching modeling technologies to software engineers at universities and software industries. Experience in teaching methods including presence courses, blended and distance learning and especially e-learning, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and game-based approaches are in demand. The New York Times confirmed the trend to e-learning approaches by naming 2012 The Year of the MOOC. Papers on all topics and ways related to the teaching of modeling including analysis, design as well as model transformation activities are of interest to the symposium.
We ask for contributions related but not limited to the following issues:

  *   How do we teach modeling (analysis and design) in due consideration of cognitive aspects?
  *   How can we motivate computer science students to apply model-based or model-driven software development techniques in their development projects?
  *   What are useful online tools and e-learning concepts in teaching modeling?
  *   Are e-learning approaches suited at all due to the ordinary “big solution space” of a modeling task?
  *   Are there experiences with/examples of game-based learning approaches and/or Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)?
  *   What is the best way for teaching modeling: before, after or intertwined with OO programming
  *   Should we begin to teach modeling using a modeling tool or by pencil and paper?
  *   In the students' first software project covering the whole software life cycle: should we require a more rigid or an agile software development process?
  *   How can we measure the quality of students' software models?
All papers (short papers 4 pages, long papers 8 pages ) of the 10th Educators' Symposium @ MODELS 2014 will be published in   CEUR<http://ceur-ws.org/>  (http://ceur-ws.org/).
Important Dates:
Submission Deadline: July 11, 2014
Notification of acceptance: August 22, 2014
Edudators Symposium chairs are:
Birgit Demuth, TU Dresden, Germany
Dave Stikkolorum, Leiden University, Netherlands
More info at http://models2014.webs.upv.es/educationsymposium.htm
________________________
See you at MODELS 2014!

Alessandro Garcia, Nelly Bencomo
Publicity Chairs MODELS 2014
Nelly Bencomo
Lecturer in Computer Science
School of Engineering and Applied Science,  Aston University,
B4 7ET, Birmingham, UK

email: nelly at acm.org<mailto:nelly at acm.org>
www.nellybencomo.me<http://www.nellybencomo.me>