[ecoop-info] CfP: COORDINATION 2015

Giacomo Cabri giacomo.cabri at unimo.it
Sat Oct 18 16:06:04 CEST 2014

IMPORTANT NOTE: High-quality Coordination-2015 papers will be invited
to submit an extended version for a 'fast-track' to the ACM Transactions
on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (ACM-TAAS).

========================= Call for Papers =============================

                          COORDINATION 2015

17th IFIP International Conference on Coordination Models and Languages
                  A DisCoTec Member Conference

                  http://discotec2015.inria.fr/

                 June 2-4, 2015, Grenoble, France

----------------
Important dates:

Abstract Submission: 		January 16, 2015 (24:00 UTC-11)
Paper Submission: 		January 23, 2015 (24:00 UTC-11)
Author Notification: 		March 6, 2015
Camera ready copy: 		March 27, 2015
Early registration: 		May 5, 2015
Conferences and workshops: 	June 2-5, 2015

The time of all deadlines is 24:00 SST (UTC-11, Samoa Standard Time).
The submission deadlines are **strict**, there will be no extension.

------
Scope:

COORDINATION 2015 is the premier forum for publishing research results
and experience reports on software technologies for collaboration and
coordination in concurrent, distributed, and complex systems. The key
focus of the conference is the quest for high-level abstractions that
can capture interaction patterns and mechanisms occurring at all levels
of the software architecture, up to the end-user domain. COORDINATION
2015 seeks high-quality contributions on the usage, study, formal
analysis, design, and implementation of languages, models, and
techniques for coordination in distributed, concurrent, pervasive, and
multicore software systems. This edition also additionally seeks to
adapt and integrate traditional COORDINATION techniques in the realm of
multi-agent systems (MAS), which typically involve more corse-grained
(cognitive, intelligent, goal-oriented) components.

------------------------
Main topics of interest:

* Programming abstractions and languages
* Coordination models and paradigms
* Specification and verification
* Foundations and types
* Distributed middleware architectures
* Multicore programming
* Coordinated distributed applications
* Bio-inspired computing models
* Coordination mechanisms for self-adaptation and self-organisation
* Teamwork and distributed problem solving
* Collective intelligence
* Auction and Negotiation
* Argumentation, trust, norms and reputation
* Coordination mechanisms for rational agents
* Coordination middleware for mobile agents
* Coordination of federated MASs

---------------------------
Submission and publication:

Contributions must be written in English and report on original,
unpublished work not submitted for publication elsewhere (cf. IFIP's
codes of conduct). The submissions must not exceed the page number limit
(see below), including figures and references, prepared using Springer's
LNCS style. Submissions not adhering to the above specified constraints
may be rejected without review.
Papers should be submitted as PDF or PS via EasyChair:
  https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=coordination2015.
  We solicit three kinds of submissions:

*Full papers* (up to 16 pages): Describing thorough and complete
research results and experience reports.

*Short papers* (up to 8 pages): Describing research results that are not
fully developed, or even manifestos, calls to action, personal views on
the past of Coordination research, on the current state of the art, or
on prospects for the years to come.

*Posters* (up to 3 pages): Summarising research projects worth being
advertised and discussed in a lively fashion at the conference.

The conference proceedings, formed by accepted submissions of all three
kinds above, will be published by Springer in the LNCS Series.

Post-proceedings publication:

Relevant, high-quality Coordination-2015 papers will be invited for
'fast-track submissions' to the ACM Transactions on Autonomous and
Adaptive Systems (ACM-TAAS).

---------------
Invited Speaker

Alois Ferscha (Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Austria)

-----------
Oranization

Program Chairs

Tom Holvoet (KU Leuven, Belgium)
Mirko Viroli (University of Bologna, Italy)

Publication Chair

Giacomo Cabri (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy)

Programme Committee

Gul Agha (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA)
Farhad Arbab (CWI and Leiden University, The Netherlands)
Jacob Beal (Raytheon BBN Technologies, USA)
Olivier Boissier (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines of Saint-Etienne,
France)
Ferruccio Damiani (Uniersità di Torino, Italy)
Wolfgang De Meuter (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium)
Rocco De Nicola (IMT - Institute for Advanced Studies, Italy)
Ed Durfee (University of Michigan, USA)
Schahram Dustdar (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
Gianluigi Ferrari (University of Pisa, Italy)
José Luiz Fiadeiro (Royal Holloway University of London, UK)
Valérie Issarny (Inria, France)
Christine Julien (The University of Texas at Austin, USA)
Sarit Kraus (Bar-Ilan University, Israel)
Eva Kuhn (TU Wien, Austria)
Marino Miculan (Università di Udine, Italy)
Hanne Riis Nielson (Technical University of Denmark, Denmark)
Andrea Omicini (University of Bologna, Italy)
Sascha Ossowski (University Rey Juan Carlos, Spain)
Paolo Petta (OFAI - Austria Research Institute for Artificial
Intelligence, Austria)
Rosario Pugliese (Università degli Studi di Firenze, Italy)
Alessandro Ricci (Uniervsità di Bologna, Italy)
Juan Antonio Rodriguez Aguilar (IIIA-CSIC, Barcelona)
Carles Sierra (IIIA-CSIC, Barcelona)
Marjan Sirjani (Reykjavik University, Iceland)
Carolyn Talcott (SRI International, California, USA)
Emilio Tuosto (University of Leicester, UK)
Herbert Wiklicky (Imperial College London, UK)
Martin Wirsing (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany)
Franco Zambonelli (Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy)

Steering Committee

Gul Agha (University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA)
Farhad Arbab (CWI and Leiden University, The Netherlands) (Chair)
Dave Clarke (Uppsala University, Sweden)
Tom Holvoet (KU Leuven, Belgium)
Jean-Marie Jacquet (University of Namur, Belgium)
Christine Julien (The University of Texas at Austin, USA)
Eva Kühn (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
Wolfgang De Meuter (Vrije Universiteit Brussels, Belgium)
Rocco De Nicola (IMT - Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, Italy)
Rosario Pugliese (Università di Firenze, Italy)
Marjan Sirjani (Reykjavik University, Iceland)
Carolyn Talcott (SRI International, California, USA)
Vasco T. Vasconcelos (University of Lisbon, Portugal)
Gianluigi Zavattaro (University of Bologna, Italy)
Mirko Viroli (University of Bologna, Italy)

--