[ecoop-info] CFP - ACM Workshop SecDef 2015

Nur Zincir-Heywood zincir at cs.dal.ca
Wed Apr 1 02:55:58 CEST 2015

Apologies for cross-posting -- New Submission Deadline Approaching: April 8, 2015!

=====================================
Call for Papers -- ACM Workshop SecDef 2015
=====================================

Dear Colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce "SecDef", the second Workshop on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation in Defense, Security, and Risk Management. This workshop will be part of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO 2015), to be held July 11-15, 2015, in Madrid, Spain.

With the constant appearance of new threats, research in the areas of defense, security, and risk management has acquired increased importance over the past few years. These new challenges often require innovative solutions and Computational Intelligence techniques can play a significant role in finding them. We invite papers describing completed or ongoing work, with the aim to encourage communication between active researchers and practitioners to better understand the current scope of efforts within this domain. The ultimate goal is to understand, discuss, and help set future directions for computational intelligence in security and defense problems.

A detailed description of the workshop may be found at  https://projects.cs.dal.ca/projectx/secdefworkshop/

Please note that the submissions deadline is April 8, 2015!

Additional information regarding GECCO 2015, including workshop schedules, is provided at http://www.sigevo.org/gecco-2015/

If you have questions or require other assistance, please contact the organizers at: secdef2015 at gmail.com.

We look forward to receiving your papers and meeting you at SecDef'2015!

Best regards,
Frank Moore
Nur Zincir-Heywood

-----
Dr. Nur Zincir-Heywood		E-mail:  zincir at cs.dal.ca
Professor					URL:  http://www.cs.dal.ca/~zincir
Faculty of Computer Science	Phone:  +1 (902) 494-3157
Dalhousie University			Fax:  +1 (902) 492-1517