[ecoop-info] International Workshop on Ubiquitous and Collaborative Computing (iUBICOM)

Chang V.I. vic1e09 at soton.ac.uk
Tue Apr 28 23:49:50 CEST 2015

International Workshop on Ubiquitous and Collaborative Computing (iUBICOM) – 13 July 2015 in Lincoln, UK
In conjunction with the 2015 British Human Computer Interaction Conference

Following seven successful previous iUBICOM (International workshop on Ubiquitous and Collaborative Computing) workshops, we present the 8th iUBICOM workshop.

Our theme for this year’s workshop is “Personalised Information Modelling and Retrieval”.

The rapid proliferation of data through various sources such as the Web, ubiquitous and embedded devices, presents individuals and organisations with huge amounts of stored and collected information to process and make sense of in different ways. This raises several challenges for real world data dependent applications in the way information is gathered, modelled, and retrieved to gain value and insight from the data. This workshop will bring multi-disciplinary researchers together to discuss models and theories to develop novel personalised intelligent information modelling and retrieval systems which can identify meaning, context, and patterns in data providing mechanisms to retrieve and present relevant information to end users.

Workshop Topics

We wish to attract a wide range of participants involved in designing ubiquitous computing systems with a particular focus on Intelligent Information Modelling and Retrieval, who can contribute to knowledge about the understanding of user needs. Thus, the workshop topics include, but are not limited to:

    - User-centred design approaches for ubiquitous systems
    - Personalised and contextualisation information retrieval systems
    - Task specific information retrieval systems
    - Smart cars
    - Smart homes
    - Assistive technology
    - Context aware systems
    - Ubiquitous computing and new user experiences
    - Interaction styles in ubiquitous computing

Important dates

Submission deadline: 31 May 2015,
Notification: 15 June 2015,
Workshop: (13 July 2015)

Submission Details

Papers should be submitted to Dr. Rahat Iqbal via his email: r.iqbal at coventry.ac.uk.
All submitted papers will be reviewed by members of the organising committee of the iUBICOM 2015. Papers are limited to 10 pages in BCS eWiC format. Position papers up to 4 pages are also welcome. For more details see http://ewic.bcs.org/content/conmediafile/2988

All accepted papers will be published in workshop proceedings. We are also arranging for publication of extended versions of selected papers in international journals.

Workshop organisers

Dr. Rahat Iqbal, Coventry University, UK
Dr Victor Chang, Leeds Beckett University, UK;
Dr. Faiyaz Doctor, Coventry University, UK
Professor Jawaid Siddiqi, Sheffiled Hallam University, UK