Elisa Gonzalez Boix
egonzale at vub.ac.be
Thu Aug 13 16:29:10 CEST 2015
Software Languages Lab
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
SeCLOUD project: http://www.securit-brussels.be/project/secloud/
We seek a highly motivated individual which:
- holds a master's degree in Computer Science
- has excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- is interested in programming languages, security, dynamic program analysis, meta-programming
- is able to work well in a team as well as independently and quickly acquire knowledge in new topics.
The Software Languages Lab employs 5 professors, 2 teaching assistants, 9 post-doctoral and 20 pre-doctoral researchers. Broadly speaking, the lab is active in the design, implementation and application of better languages to support the software engineering life cycle. This includes programming languages, formal languages, design languages, meta languages, modeling languages, domain specific languages, etc.
We can offer:
- academic challenges in an international environment
- 4yr PhD scholarship which comprises a stipend that suffices to live very comfortably in Belgium
- an informal and friendly workplace
Applications need to be sent by e-mail to both Elisa Gonzalez Boix (egonzale AT vub.ac.be) and Coen De Roover (cderoove AT vub.ac.be) before September 1st, 2015.
The application should include the following documents (all in one combined PDF file):
- Detailed curriculum vitae (including a copy of diplomas and grade transcripts, and demonstrating your experience with higher-order programming).
- Copy of your Master's thesis in English or a 5-page summary in English.
- A short letter on why you want to do a PhD and why you think the Software Languages Lab is a place you want to work at. Try to relate to the keywords mentioned in this call.
- E-mail addresses of 2 academic referees that we can contact for a reference.
Candidates are kindly requested to be available during the week of 7 to 11 September 2015 for a (Skype) interview.
For further information about the position, please contact Elisa Gonzalez Boix, egonzale AT vub.ac.be
More information about the ecoop-info