[ecoop-info] [SEWORLD] Three positions at the Software Engineering Division in Gothenborg (1 Associate and 2 Assistant Profs)

Michel Chaudron m.r.v.chaudron at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 12:38:22 CET 2015

1 Associate Professor and 2 Assistant Professor positions in Software
Engineering

Location: Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Gothenburg

First day of employment: Spring 2016

The department of Computer Science and Engineering is a joint department at
Chalmers University of Technology and the University of Gothenburg. The
department ranks amongst the top CSE departments in Europe and worldwide.

The department has around 210 employees from over 30 countries. Our
research has a wide span, from theoretical foundations to applied systems
development. We provide high quality education at Bachelor's, Master's and
graduate levels, offering over 120 courses each year. We also have
extensive national and international collaborations with academia, industry
and society.

The positions are placed at the Software Engineering division, which is one
of five divisions within the department.

The formal employment of the associate professor will be at Chalmers.

Details about the application and procedure for this can be found at:

* http://www.chalmers.se/en/about-chalmers/vacancies/?rmpage=job&rmjob=3535

The formal employment of the assistant professor positions will be at
Gothenburg University.

Details about the application and procedure for this can be found via

* http://bit.ly/1HckZsj

The Software Engineering (SE) division in Gothenburg is a young division
with a very international staff. The division has a strong track record in
cutting-edge research and a strong empirical and industrial focus. It
currently has about 15 permanent staff and around 20 Ph.D. students and
postdocs. The research within the SE division includes a.o.: software
architecture, security, requirements engineering, model-based software
development, software metrics, open source and software ecosystems,
software engineering for cyber-physical systems, and software testing. The
department has a Software Center that initiates and performs industrially
relevant research with companies.

The SE division’s website can be found here:
http://www.chalmers.se/en/departments/cse/organisation/se/Pages/default.aspx

Our university offers competitive salaries, generous holidays and parental
leave arrangements and has a good working environment as a high strategy.
For example, we have a fitness room (free for staff use) in our building,
we have several social events for our division each year (ranging from
fencing to carting and bring-your-country's-food dinners). Also, the
university offers an individual career-planning scheme. Part-time work can
be considered for this position. The Department is strongly committed to
employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse faculty
and staff.

Specific subject description

The candidates are expected to be able to teach a wide range of topics in
the area of Software Engineering. Concrete courses that are in need of a
lecturer are: Project-courses in which students implement systems as a
team, and courses in Programming (Java), Technical Analysis and Design and
Change Management. The teaching activities also include supervising of
Bachelor and Master theses.

The candidates are expected to do research in an area within Software
Engineering. In research we are looking for expertise that has clear
synergy with existing topics, yet also complements our existing expertise.
Some topics that are considered attractive are:

- software process improvement, human factors in software development,
managing innovations in software development

- software engineering in gaming/mobile/start-ups

- industry-oriented research in testing (e.g. security testing, testing
cyberphysical systems)

- software engineering related to Big Data (e.g. Data mining in the large,
data mining user data, knowledge-based sensemaking)

- Smart/Autonomous Cyberphysical Systems

- Requirements Engineering (esp. software product management)

For the associate professor we will expect a stronger track record in
research – including supervision of ph.d. students and management/service
than for the assistant professors. The definitive criteria can be found on
the respective websites mentioned earlier.

For more information contact Prof. Dr. Michel R.V. Chaudron (Head of the
Software Engineering Division) via:chaudron at chalmers.se
regards
  Michel R. V. Chaudron

  Professor & Head of Division Software Engineering
  Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
  Chalmers & Gothenburg University, Sweden
  chaudron(at)chalmers.se, chaudron(at)gu.se
  Office location: Jupiter Building, Lindholmen Campus
Empirical Software Engineering Journal