[ecoop-info] RE'2016 Industry Track CFP

Carlos Henrique Cabral Duarte carlos.duarte at computer.org
Wed Dec 16 23:25:36 CET 2015

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]
24th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE´2016)

September 12-16th 2016 - Beijing, China
www.re16.org

CALL FOR INDUSTRY PAPERS

The IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference is the premier
international forum for industrial practitioners, researchers, educators
and students to discuss the most recent innovations, experiences and
concerns
in the discipline of Requirements Engineering.

We invite both industry practitioners and researchers with significant
industry
experience to highlight results and challenges experienced in your working
environment and discuss innovations in Requirements Engineering. You will
have the opportunity to share your interests and needs, as well as to
influence
the development of the field within the global network of requirements
engineering
experts across industry and academia.

Details and submission: http://re16.org/pages/submission/industry_papers

TOPICS OF INTEREST:

The RE'2016 theme is Delivering Value through Better Requirements. We
particularly encourage sharing your experiences with value creation through
requirements engineering.

Your contributions in requirements engineering, business analysis and
product
management in industrial, governmental or practical context are also
welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

> Industry experiences: learning from practice, training practitioners,
technology
transfer;
> Stakeholder management, requirements elicitation and negotiation,
crowdsourcing;
> Pragmatic requirements engineering:  good-enough requirements, agile and
lean approaches;
> Large-scale requirements engineering: complex systems, product lines,
value
chains, software ecosystems, big data and cloud technologies;
> Global requirements engineering: dealing with geographically-dispersed
and
culturally-divergent requirements efforts;
> Product management: value creation techniques, product evolution,
requirements and marketing, life cycle management;
> Innovation: creativity, requirements elicitation and development;
> Domain specific requirements engineering: embedded systems, mixed
software-
hardware-solution projects, systems engineering;
> Quality engineering: user experience, quality factors, safety and
security,
traceability and novel test approaches;
> Requirements specification and validation: natural language, model-driven
approaches, formal techniques;
> Tools for requirements engineering: requirements modeling, requirements
management, collaboration and social networks;
> Performance improvement: industry benchmarks, productivity through
requirements, best practices, measurement, process development.

CONTRIBUTIONS:

We invite original submissions of high quality papers in the following
categories:

> Problem statements: present problems or challenges encountered in
practice;
> Experience reports: present successes or failures encountered in practice;
> Vision papers: describe the future evolution of the field as perceived by
industry practitioners.

A mentoring program is available for practitioners and researchers new to
authoring and submitting papers to conferences. For information about this
program, please email the Mentoring Co-Chair of the Industry Track: Sarah
C.
Gregory at sarah.c.gregory at intel.com .

In order to guide the reviewing process, all authors who intend to submit a
paper
must first submit the title, abstract (max. 200 words) and author
information of
their paper. Abstracts are used to point out your interest to submit a full
paper
and to allow us looking for potential reviewers.

Papers must not exceed 10 pages and describe original work that has not been
previously published or submitted elsewhere. Submissions must be written in
English and formatted according to the IEEE formatting instructions.

Only full paper submissions will be peer reviewed. Abstract-only
submissions will
be discarded after the deadline.

Abstracts and full papers can be submitted at:
http://re16.org/pages/submission/industry_papers

PAPER EVALUATION AND ACCEPTANCE:

All submitted papers will be evaluated through a competitive peer-review
process.
Papers will be judged considering the criteria of industrial relevance,
novelty of
research results, soundness and adoption of scientific rigor, clarity and
conciseness of presentation, compliance with conference scope and topics of
interest.

Accepted papers may require editing for clarity prior to publication and
presentation. They will appear in the IEEE Digital Library. At least one
author
of each accepted paper must attend the conference in order to present their
paper.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Submission of Paper Abstracts: March 7th 2016
Paper Submissions (all categories): March 14th 2016
Notification of Acceptance: May 31st 2016
Camera Ready Paper Submissions: June 27th 2016

CONTACT:

Please directly contact the co-chairs for your questions and stiumulus:

Carlos Henrique Cabral Duarte, Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES), Brazil
 at carlos.duarte at computer.org
Christof Ebert, Vector Consulting Services, Germany
 at christof.ebert at vector.com

PROGRAM COMMITTEE:

Ban Al-Ani, ADP, USA
Michel H. Fortuna, Federal Univ. of Juiz de Fora (UFJF), Brazil
Smita Ghaisas, Tata Consultancy Services, India
Tony Gorschek, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
Olly Gotel, Independant Researcher, USA
Constance Heitmeyer, Naval Research Laboratory, USA
Anne Hoffman, Siemens, Germany
Frank Houdek, Daimler, Germany
Lena Karlsson Johansson, Tetra Pak, Sweden
Kim Lauenroth, Adesso, Germany
Daniel Lucas-Hirtz, Sonova, Switzerland
Nazim Madhavji, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Alistair Mavin, Rolls Royce, UK
Nancy Mead, Software Engineering Institute, USA
Michael C. Panis, Teradyne Inc., USA
Juha Erik Savolainen, Roche Diagnostics, Switzerland
Erik Simmons, Intel Corporation, USA
Eero Uusitalo, IntoWorks Oy, Finland
Tao Yue, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
Yong Xia, IBM, China