[ecoop-info] Mobisys 2015 MobiGames Workshop Call for Papers

Eduardo Cuervo cuervo at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 9 02:12:14 CET 2015

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

MobiSys 2015 Workshop on Mobile Gaming (MobiGames)
Workshop at MobiSys 2015<http://www.sigmobile.org/mobisys/2015/>, Florence, Italy
May 18th, 2015

Call for Papers(http://www.sigmobile.org/mobisys/2015/workshops/mobigames/call_for_papers.html)

With the advent of consumer mobile devices equipped with high resolution touch screens, powerful CPUs and GPUs, gaming has become wildly popular with users. With the intense competition that has ensued in this industry, games are now rapidly incorporating sophisticated technologies, which include the recent advances in wearable head-mounted displays, cloud computing, virtual reality and augmented reality adapting them to the mobile computing environment. Many of these technologies present diverse challenges of importance to researchers. There are many research challenges across graphics, computer vision, energy consumption, network latency, HCI, security, and sensor networking. While this field is interdisciplinary by nature, many proposed ideas have direct impact on how networking protocols and infrastructures are designed and managed.

In this first Mobile Gaming workshop at MobiSys, we will bring together practitioners as well as interested researchers to discuss the latest developments in this growing field. We will identify what we have already achieved, the challenges that lie ahead, and promising avenues forward. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

  *   cheating in networked mobile games
  *   reducing the energy consumption of mobile games
  *   increasing the quality of graphics on phones
  *   tolerating limited bandwidth and high latency on wireless links in games
  *   impact of device limitations on mobile game players
  *   mobile games that interact with other devices in the vicinity such as TVs, sensors, and other phones
  *   protocols and architectural designs or concerns for next generation mobile games
  *   optimizing game servers and transport for mobile users
  *   cross-device gaming (e.g. phones, slates, PCs, consoles)
  *   novel game types and/or interaction modalities
  *   matchmaking for mobile multiplayer games
  *   detailed traffic measurements or usability studies of mobile games
  *   massively multiplayer mobile gaming
  *   augmented reality games
  *   Virtual reality games
  *   Games enhanced through head mounted displays and other wearable devices or peripherals.
  *   Cloud support for mobile game streaming

Important Dates:

  *   Submission Deadline: March 1st, 2015
  *   Notifications: March 19th, 2015
  *   Camera-ready deadline: April 2nd, 2015
  *   Workshop: May 18th, 2015
Workshop Co-Chairs
Eduardo Cuervo , Microsoft Research, USA
David Chu, Microsoft Research, USA