[ecoop-info] Postdoctoral Fellow at Iowa State University.
Rajan, Hridesh [COM S]
hridesh at iastate.edu
Thu Jun 30 18:58:07 CEST 2016
The Department of Computer Science, Iowa State University invites applications for a postdoctoral fellow position. The initial position is for one year with a possibility of extension up to three years. The position requires a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a closely related field and outstanding potential for research in computer science. Candidates who are in the final stages of obtaining a Ph.D. will also be considered.
We would like to hire immediately; however, a later start date is possible, depending on the candidate’s timetable.
The position is in the Panini project that is aimed at improving concurrent software engineering by enabling modular reasoning about concurrent software via synergistic advances in linguistic abstractions and verification mechanisms. For more details about the project please refer to: http://paninij.org and see the following papers.
* Hridesh Rajan, "Capsule-oriented Programming ," ICSE'15: The 37th International Conference on Software Engineering, Florence, Italy, May 2015.
* Mehdi Bagherzadeh and Hridesh Rajan, "Panini: A Concurrent Programming Model for Solving Pervasive and Oblivious Interference," 14th International Conference on Modularity (Modularity'15), Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, March 2015.
- Required: a PhD in computer science, software engineering and related discipline.
- Required: strong background in either software engineering OR programming languages
- Required: at least one publication in top-tier SE/PL venues.
- Preferred: strong background in compilers, program analysis, and concurrency.
Iowa State University is classified as a Carnegie Foundation Doctoral/Research University-Extensive, a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), and ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top public universities in the nation. Over 36,000 students are enrolled, and served by over 6,100 faculty and staff (see www.iastate.edu). Ames, Iowa is a progressive community of 60,000, located approximately 30 minutes north of Des Moines, and recently voted second best most livable small city in the nation (see www.amescvb.com).
To apply, please send the following to Dr. Hridesh Rajan at hridesh at iastate.edu:
1) a cover letter briefly summarizing qualifications and describing your interest in the position,
2) curriculum vitae and
3) contact information for three references
Review of applications will begin on July 15, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. You will be contacted if more information is needed. Notification will be given via email when the position has been filled.
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Director of Equal Opportunity, 3350 Beardshear Hall, (515) 294-7612.
Panini project: http://paninij.org
Laboratory for Software Design: http://design.cs.iastate.edu
Dept. of Computer Science: http://www.cs.iastate.edu
Iowa State University: http://iastate.edu
Dr. Hridesh Rajan
Dept. of Computer Science
Software Engineering Program
Information Assurance Program
Human Computer Interaction Program
Director, Graduate Admissions and Recruitment
Director, Laboratory for Software Design
Iowa State University
More information about the ecoop-info