[ecoop-info] Call For Workshop Proposals: International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA 2018)
gerostat at in.tum.de
Thu Aug 31 11:48:37 CEST 2017
*** CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS ***
International Conference on Software Architecture
April 30 - May 10, 2018
ICSA 2018 workshops provide a unique forum for researchers and practitioners
to present and discuss the latest R&D results, experiences, trends, and challenges
in the field of software architecture.
Workshops can be half-day or one-day events. Potential topics for workshops
are the same as, but not limited to, the ones of the ICSA 2017 conference.
Workshop chairs are responsible for submission and selection of papers.
Submissions must follow the IEEE Computer Science proceedings format,
as workshop proceedings will be published by IEEE CS Digital Library.
Workshop organizers may allow for different types of contributions
(e.g., short and long papers), but a workshop paper should not exceed
a maximum of 8 pages in IEEE format.
Formatting and Submission Instructions
All workshop proposals must conform, at time of submission, to the IEEE
Proposals must be written in English and not exceed 4 pages in length.
Proposals should contain:
1. Motivation and objectives of the workshop
* Title and acronym of the workshop
* Motivation and objectives of the workshop topic (not exceeding 500 words)
(Note: If your workshop is accepted then this description will be used as early publicity.)
* A more detailed discussion of the anticipated outcomes of the workshop
(e.g., open research problems to pursue, validation objectives, empirical studies, etc.)
* Information about previous editions of the same workshop (if any)
* Potential connection with other ICSA events (if any)
2. Workshop format and needed services
* What will be the format for the workshop (e.g., paper presentation and discussion,
keynotes, breakout sessions, panel-like discussions, experiments, or a combination thereof)?
* What are the requirements in terms of rooms, equipment, and support staff (i.e., student volunteers)?
3. Target audience
* What backgrounds should the workshop attendees have?
* What is the range (min, max) for number of attendees for the workshop?
* What mix of industry and research participants is being sought?
* Strong and proactive publicity plan, including information about the expected number
of submissions and the initial acceptance rate
* Potential Keynote speakers, in particular from industry
4. Workshop contributions and evaluation
* What types of contribution are being solicited for the workshop (e.g., full papers,
position papers, posters, demos, experiments, or other interactive sessions)?
* What type of evaluation process will be used?
5. Workshop duration
* Indicate if you plan for a half-day or a full-day workshop
6. Organizers and program committee
* Names and bios of organizers
* List of the potential program committee members
7. Draft call for papers for the workshop (a one page call for papers
that you intend to send out if your workshop is accepted)
Workshop proposals will be reviewed in a separate evaluation process from research papers.
Acceptance will be based on:
* evaluation of the workshop’s potential to advance the state of research and/or practice or
bridging disciplines, between research and practice;
* timeliness and expected interest in the topic;
* relevance to the conference topics (See the topics of interest in the ICSA 2018 conference site);
* the potential for attracting an appropriate number of participants;
* organizers’ ability to lead a successful workshop and attract submissions;
* balance and synergy with other ICSA events.
Workshops may be canceled or merged after the early registration deadline if too few participants have registered.
Proposal submission: 12 November 2017
Proposal notification: 17 November 2017
Paper submission: 08 March 2018
Paper notification: 22 March 2018
Camera-Ready due: 5 Apr 2018
For more information, please contact the Workshops chairs:
Yan Liu yan.liu at concordia.ca <mailto:yan.liu at concordia.ca>
Anne Koziolek anne.koziolek at kit.edu <mailto:anne.koziolek at kit.edu>
More information about the ecoop-info