[ecoop-info] Associate/Assistant Professor in Software-Intensive System Engineering

Bedir Tekinerdogan bedir06 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 18:26:53 CET 2017

Associate/Assistant Professor in Software-Intensive System Engineering

https://www.academictransfer.com/employer/WUR/vacancy/38177/lang/en/

JOB DESCRIPTION
The Information Technology (INF) group at Wageningen University is doing
research on the topics of smart system engineering, and system-of-systems
engineering which is primarily centered in the life sciences domain. In
this context, we focus on software engineering, information management and
socio-technical systems. With the rapidly increasing impact of IT on the
life sciences domain the mission of the INF group has become even more
important. To further strengthen our group and support our research and
education activities, the INF group invites applications for the tenure
track position assistant or associate professor in the area of
Software-Intensive System Engineering.

In a challenging career trajectory, you are responsible for:
• conducting high level scientific research and publishing in refereed
scientific journals;
• acquiring, coordinating and implementing innovative (inter)national
research projects in the area of Software-Intensive System Engineering;
• collaborating with colleagues and supervising PhD students, BSc and MSc
theses;
• developing and teaching courses in the field of software/systems
engineering and information management;
• contributing to the further development of the INF group.

Training and coaching is provided to accomplish all of this.

REQUIREMENTS
You are an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist devoted to excellence in
research and education in the field of Software-Intensive System
Engineering. Further, you have:
• a PhD degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related area
• a solid background and experience in the field of software engineering;
• affinity with smart system engineering, system-of-systems engineering and
/ or cyber-physical systems;
• proof of independence and international recognition;
• a clear vision on research and project acquisition opportunities;
• experience and interest in working in interdisciplinary teams;
• excellent communication skills and team spirit;
• good didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with
students.

CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
We offer you as talented scientist a challenging career trajectory called
Tenure Track. From the position of Assistant Professor you can develop into
a full professor with your own research account. Training and coaching are
provided and (international) cooperation is stimulated.
We offer you a temporary contract for 38 hours per week, which can lead to
a permanent employment contract.
For the position of Associate Professor, we offer a salary of € 66277 to €
88607 gross per year, depending on expertise and experience (scale 13- 14
of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), excluding 8%
holiday pay and 8.3% end of year remuneration.
For the position of Assistant Professor, we offer a salary of € 47827 to €
74385 gross per year, depending on expertise and experience (scale 11 - 12
of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), including 8%
holiday pay and 8.3% end of year remuneration.

For more information about Tenure Track within Wageningen UR look at tenure
track.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from:

Prof.dr.ir <http://prof.dr.ir/>. Bedir Tekinerdogan
E-mail address: bedir.tekinerdogan at wur.nl

Additional information can be obtained through one of the following links.
• About the organisation
• About the group
Contract type: Permanent

EMPLOYER
Wageningen University is an internationally leading institution in the area
of life sciences and is part of the 4TU federation, a collaboration of four
universities of technology in The Netherlands. (https://www.4tu.nl/en/about_
4tu/).

The Information Technology Group is one of the chair groups at Wageningen
University comprising 11 staff members, 2 post-docs and 17 PhD students.