[ecoop-info] Requirements Engineering Conference (RE) 2017 - Call for Student Volunteers
n.bencomo at aston.ac.uk
Tue Mar 7 17:27:14 CET 2017
We are happy to announce RE'17 is now accepting applications for student volunteers!
We are looking for enthusiastic people to help us make RE'17 a unique experience for all attendants! Being a student volunteer is an outstanding opportunity to interact closely with leading academic and industrial researchers in the area of requirements engineering. As compensation, student volunteers enjoy several benefits.
Would you like to be part of the RE'17 team? Don’t miss this unique chance in your life. Sign up and help us on this exciting journey!
* Applicants must be undergraduate, Master's, or Ph.D. full time students during the academic year 2016-2017
* Good communication skills in English are required
* Arrive at the conference venue by Sunday, September 03, 2017 @ 2pm at the latest
We are looking for enthusiastic students with strong interpersonal skills, who are ethical, reliable, punctual, organized, and self-starter.
* Complimentary registration to the main conference¹
* One tutorial free pass (depending on availability)
* A Student Volunteer RE'17 t-shirt
* Conference Proceedings
* Refreshments during breaks
* Lunch tickets during the conference
* One ticket for the Welcome Conference Reception
* One ticket for the Conference Banquet
* An opportunity to understand the conference backstage
* An opportunity to meet and talk to leading researchers and to other students about your research
¹ Please, refer to registration rules if you have an accepted paper in the conference.
Please note that RE'17 Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation. University Accommodation at affordable prices is possible, subject to availability of rooms.
The skills, talents and dedication of the Student Volunteers contribute to the overall quality of the Conference. The student volunteer role involves a range of duties, including, but not limited to:
* Working around 20 hours during the conference
* Technical assistance to speakers and attendees
* Monitoring session rooms
* Collecting tickets and checking badges at various halls
* Disseminating information at the registration, information, and materials pickup stations
* Providing defined assistance for attendees with special needs
* Contributing to the overall smooth running of the Conference functions and social events
* Being available from September 03-08, 2017
How to Apply
* Complete the online application form available here<https://goo.gl/forms/TzKHopU8fGkXHkI13>
* Send your CV via email to the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs, Cristiano de Faveri<mailto:c.faveri at campus.fct.unl.pt> and Krzysztof Wnuk<mailto:krzysztof.wnuk at bth.se> with the subject "RE2017 – SV Application for [Student Name]"
* Arrange for a letter of reference from your academic supervisor or other faculty member at your institution, indicated in the application form, to be emailed to the Student Volunteers co-Chairs with the subject "RE2017 – SV Reference Letter for [Student Name]"
The letter should cover your organizational skills, willingness to help, proficiency in English, and anything else that will help us selecting you as a student volunteer.
Application Submission Sunday, May 28, 2017
Application Notification Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Any inquiries regarding the student volunteer application can be directed to the Student Volunteer Co-Chairs:
Student Volunteer Co-Chair
Cristiano de Faveri
Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
Student Volunteer Co-Chair
Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
<mailto:c.faveri at campus.fct.unl.pt>
More information about the ecoop-info