[ecoop-info] Open Postdoc Positions in Big Data, eXascale Infolab, Switzerland

jobs jobs jobs at exascale.info
Thu Mar 16 09:41:08 CET 2017

***Open Postdoc Positions, eXascale Infolab, Switzerland***

The eXascale Infolab (XI) at the University of Fribourg in Switzerland
has several openings for Postdoctoral Researchers starting now. XI is a
leading research lab focusing on creating next-generation information
management infrastructures for scientific, semantic, and social data.

We are looking for highly qualified individuals with a Ph.D. in
Computer Science. Candidates must have strong analytical and
programming skills, and an excellent track record in publishing
innovative approaches and systems to manage Big Data.

XI’s current endeavors include projects to build new Big Data
infrastructures to better handle GPS or time series data, and to
integrate textual and scientific data through large-scale knowledge
graphs using probabilistic models and machine learning. Our lab is
highly international (see our current members
https://exascale.info/members/ ) and collaborates with top research
institutions around the world (see our recent partners
https://exascale.info/partners/ ).

Salary and social benefits are extremely competitive (salaries for
Postdoctoral Researchers start at 82K CHF). The positions will be
supported by a generous grant (2 million euros) from the European
Research Council, and by the Big Data Program of the Swiss National
Science Foundation. The Postdoctoral Researchers will be able to join
existing projects but also to establish their own research agenda with
the help of other lab members.

Ideally situated in the heart of Switzerland and at the foot of the
Alps, the city of Fribourg lies on the linguistic border between the
French and German-speaking parts of the country. In addition to being
recognized as a first-class location for business and education,
Fribourg is also a delightful and exceptional place to live and is
often ranked first for quality of life in Western Switzerland (see for
instance http://bit.ly/1XoL0dt ).

If you would like to apply, please send an email with your CV, a short
letter of motivation, and some recent research paper to
postdoc at exascale.info . Deadline: April 15, 2017.