[ecoop-info] Lecturer in Computer Science (Rolls Royce Programme)

Bencomo, Nelly n.bencomo at aston.ac.uk
Tue Nov 28 07:38:00 CET 2017

Lecturer in Computer Science (Rolls Royce Programme)

Engineering & Applied Science

Grade 8 which is £32,548 to £38,833 or Grade 9 which is £39,992 to £47,722 per annum
Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Thursday 07 December 2017
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Reference: R170541
We seek to appoint a lecturer with expertise in Data Mining to join a collegiate team of computer scientists. In Computer Science we deliver distinctive programmes at undergraduate and masters levels that achieve some of the highest employability rates for CS graduates in the UK. We value impactful research and our expertise includes AI, robotics, machine learning, natural language processing, HCI, digital health and software engineering, often spanning discipline boundaries.

Your teaching duties may include the design and delivery of theory and practice-based modules at undergraduate and masters levels, for both conventional on-campus and degree apprenticeship programmes. You will also be expected to make significant contributions to our research, including the attraction of PhD students and external research funding under the umbrella of the System Analytics Research Institute (SARI).

We encourage applications from women. Aston University is committed to the principles of the Athena SWAN Charter, and we hold a Silver Award.

The proposed starting date is in January 2018, but there is scope for flexibility.

For further information, please contact the head of group, Professor Pete Sawyer on +44 (0)121 204 3058 or p.sawyer at aston.ac.uk.

Link https://jobs.aston.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=R170541