[ecoop-info] Call for Participation: UPMARC Summer School 2018
Mohamed Faouzi Atig
mohamed_faouzi.atig at it.uu.se
Fri May 4 08:41:45 CEST 2018
Call for PARTICIPATION
** THE 2018 UPMARC SUMMER SCHOOL **
The 2018 UPMARC Summer School on Multicore Computing focuses on research trends for scalable and correct multicore programs and systems and will take place at Uppsala University, Sweden during 18-20 June, 2018.
The school is sponsored by the UPMARC research programme of Uppsala University (see upmarc.se<http://upmarc.se/>). In particular, attendance of the summer school is *FREE*. (There is only a cancellation fee.)
The school offers lectures given by leading researchers in the area, including:
* Sanjoy Baruah, Washington University, USA
* Michel Dubois, The University of Southern California, USA
* Daniele Lezzi, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
* Shaz Qadeer, Microsoft Research, USA
* Philippas Tsigas, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
In addition, the school will include
* A tutorial on Memory Consistency Models given by Caroline Trippel (Princeton University, USA) and Yatin Manerkar (Princeton University, USA)
* Several sessions where students will be given the opportunity to present their own research.
The lecturers will both cover foundations and several emerging areas including the design of the semantics and implementation of asynchronous event-driven programming , the design of scalable data structures, building and maintaining large systems, understanding consistency models, and analysis of real-time multi-core systems. We aim to attract graduate students, scientists and young scientists both from academia and industry. Lectures will help in identifying and addressing fundamental challenges that will enable programmers to leverage the potential performance from the ongoing shift to multi-core programming and cloud computing. Our goal is to provide a stimulating environment for participants to meet and establish contacts with other participants, world-class researchers from academia and industry, local faculty, and other senior scientists.
For more information about the school, please see:
We strongly encourage people interested in participating to register as soon as possible.
• May 30th for Registration to the Summer School.
More information about the ecoop-info