[ecoop-info] PhD student and post-doc positions at ETH Zurich: Verification of a secure Future Internet architecture
peter.mueller at inf.ethz.ch
Sat Nov 3 18:01:50 CET 2018
The Chairs of Information Security<http://www.infsec.ethz.ch/> and Programming Methodology<http://www.pm.inf.ethz.ch> at ETH Zurich are recruiting PhD students and post-docs docs for a project on formal verification of secure networked systems. The project's focus will be on verifying the protocols and implementation for a secure Future Internet architecture<https://www.scion-architecture.net/>. Details are available online here<https://zisc.ethz.ch/research/zisc-projects-2011-ongoing/full-stack-verification-of-secure-inter-domain-routing-protocols/> and here<http://www.pm.inf.ethz.ch/research/verifiedscion.html>.
Key requirements for successful applications:
* Strong commitment to research
* Interest in combining theory and practice
* For PhD students: excellent M.Sc. degree in Computer Science or in a related subject with a strong Computer Science component
* For post-docs: publications in top conferences or journals
* Proficiency in English and excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Applications and questions should be sent to David Basin (david.basin at inf.ethz.ch<mailto:david.basin at inf.ethz.ch>) and Peter Müller (jobs-pm at inf.ethz.ch<mailto://email@example.com>). The application should include a CV and a description of research interests. We will consider applications until the positions are filled. The start date is negotiable.
More details about the positions:
* PhD and post-doc positions are fully funded and have an attractive salary and social benefits.
* Full scholarships are available for outstanding B.Sc. students interested in the PhD.
* ETH has one of the top computer science departments in the world: CS University Rankings<https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2018/engineering-technology>
* Zurich is consistently ranked among the top destinations in the world for quality of life
General information on doctoral studies at ETH is available at www.inf.ethz.ch/doctorate.html<http://www.inf.ethz.ch/doctorate.html>
More information about the ecoop-info