[ecoop-info] ECOOP 2019 Is Looking For Student Volunteers

Jake Hughes jh at jakehughes.uk
Wed Apr 17 14:06:56 CEST 2019

        The 33rd European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming
                    Is Looking For Student Volunteers!

                            15th-19th July 2019
                              London, England
                          https://2019.ecoop.org/

Planning for ECOOP '19 (located in London) is underway, and we’re looking for
excellent student volunteers to help this year be a success. We’re asking you to
forward this call to motivated students (or apply yourself).

Volunteering at a conference will look great on a student’s CV or resume, and
will be a good way for them to network and meet other researchers. Student
volunteers are entitled to free conference registration (including workshops),
plus a free banquet ticket and a t-shirt. We expect student volunteers to work
about 15 hours over the course of the week; other than that, they are free to
attend the conference and co-located events. More details, including a link to
the application form, can be found below. There will be two rounds of
applications, with the first round deadline coming up this Friday, on April 19,
and the second deadline on June 10. Priority is given to applicants who apply
for the first deadline. Decisions will be made by April 29 and June 13
respectively.

Please consider applying, or passing this opportunity on to students who might
be interested. In general, we are looking for a diverse set of students who are
organized, reliable, and enthusiastic, with a passion for helping others and the
PL community in particular. If that sounds like you, please fill out the
application form!

Important Dates
===============

- First round deadline: April 19, 2019