[ecoop-info] Programming Language Implementation Summer School (PLISS)

Laurence Tratt laurie at tratt.net
Tue Feb 11 10:04:22 CET 2020

         Programming Language Implementation Summer School (PLISS)

                      May 9-15, 2020, Bertinoro Italy

                          https://pliss.org/2020/

Programming languages are our interface to the myriad of computer systems we
interact with on a daily basis. They allow us to craft complex sequences of
operations at increasing high levels of abstraction. How are these languages
designed? How are they implemented? How do we evaluate them?

The third Programming Language Implementation Summer School (PLISS) will be
held in Bertinoro, Italy from May 9th to 15th 2020 and will tackle such
issues. This edition of PLISS is largely aimed at mid/late stage PhD
students and early stage postdocs working in and around programming
languages, though we will accept some applicants from other career stages.
PLISS helps prepare junior researchers for further study in the field.

Lectures cover current research and future trends in programming language
design and implementation, including:

 * Dynamic symbolic execution and Klee
 * The innards of the OpenJDK
 * Software linking
 * Asynchronous programming
 * Language design at scale
 * Declarative language definition

The instructors are highly accomplished researchers and practitioners with
extensive experience designing and engineering successful languages and
tools.

We gratefully acknowledge the support of our sponsors in allowing us to make
travel grants and fellowships available to support students interested in
attending PLISS.

More details at https://pliss.org/2020/ - registration closes on 2020-02-28!