[ecoop-info] Researcher Position at NICTA (Sydney, Australia)
Vladimir.Tosic at nicta.com.au
Thu Jul 16 18:22:02 CEST 2009
Researcher Position at NICTA (Sydney, Australia)
NICTA (National ICT Australia) is Australia's ICT Research Centre of Excellence. NICTA aims to bring together world-class researchers and professional staff, enhances their skills, and build a culture of entrepreneurship and achievement in use-inspired research that will build Australia's ICT capacity.
We are seeking researchers to join our team undertaking fundamental and applied research and development in the areas of Software Engineering and/or Semantic Technologies, including topics such as: software architecture, enterprise integration technologies, vocabulary definition and mapping, ontology management, ontology alignment, applications of semantic technologies in industry, business rules, business process modelling.
You will be a recent PhD graduate or an established researcher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or a related discipline or a post-doc with a research background in one or more of the above areas.
Applications: Please visit NICTA Careers to apply online (http://www.nicta.com.au/about/careers). Please navigate to the position related to the ArMaTure project and the ATP Lab.
Closing Date: July 31, 2009
Theme: Managing Complexity
Location: ATP Lab, Sydney
Supervisor: ArMaTure Project Leader
Contribute to the research activity at NICTA in alignment with NICTA's objectives, including research, commercialisation, education and linkages.
Accountability and Associated Responsibilities:
* Achieve the highest international standards of research,
* Contribute to the management of the Research Project and functions of the Research Laboratory,
* Form research synergies with researchers in the Project and within other NICTA projects and external partner organisations,
* Actively manage successful research and development interaction with industry,
* Contribute to the teaching of advanced courses,
* Contribute to NICTA's international image by participating in International projects, presentations at conferences, international collaborative projects and attracting high quality international research and by being invited by high quality international research institutions;
* Contribute to research interaction with industry with a view to generate economic impact,
* Participate in supervision and review of PhD students,
* Contribute to the corporate development of NICTA through assisting in the induction, training and mentoring of staff,
* Maintain high ethical and performance standards,
* PhD qualification in the relevant area,
* High quality publication(s)/thesis,
* High quality PhD research,
* Evidence of good quality research and potential to develop individual research,
* Evidence of collaborative work,
* Close fit with NICTA's research activities,
* Research of International standards as evidenced by journals, systems built and reference letters,
* Compliant with EEO and OH&S standards,
* Demonstrated research expertise in the areas of Software Engineering and/or Semantic Technologies, including topics such as: software architecture, enterprise integration technologies, vocabulary definition and mapping, ontology management, ontology alignment, applications of semantic technologies in industry, business rules, business process modelling.
* Preparedness to travel.
* Industrial experience in software engineering.
* Ability to actively collaborate at a technical level with research engineers in the creation of new technologies.
* High level communications skills and confidence suited to liaison with industry partners.
* Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
More information about the ecoop-info