[ecoop-info] Researcher Position at NICTA (Canberra, Australia)
Vladimir.Tosic at nicta.com.au
Thu Jul 16 18:20:03 CEST 2009
Researcher Position at NICTA (Canberra, Australia)
NICTA (National ICT Australia) is Australia's ICT Research Centre of Excellence. NICTA aims to bring together world-class researchers and professional staff, enhances their skills, and build a culture of entrepreneurship and achievement in use-inspired research that will build Australia's ICT capacity.
We are seeking researchers to join our team undertaking fundamental and applied research and development in the areas of Software Architecture, including topics such as: enterprise architectures; transformation of legacy systems to service oriented architectures; modelling, simulation, and performance prediction of software architectures; scoping, sizing, and estimation of large business transformation projects; creation and deployment of web services;
You will be a recent PhD graduate or an established researcher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or a related discipline or a post-doc with a research background in one or more of the above areas.
Applications: Please visit NICTA Careers to apply online
(http://www.nicta.com.au/about/careers) and navigate to the position related to the ArMaTure project and the Canberra Research Lab. http://nicta.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=3D477&info_mode=3Dnew_app&=MemberID=3D0
Please contact Jonathan Gray <Jonathan.Gray at nicta.com.au> prior to application if you want more information.
Closing Date: July 31, 2009
Theme: Managing Complexity
Location: Canberra Research Laboratory
Supervisor: Project Leader
Contribute to the research activity in the ArMaTure project in alignment with NICTA's objectives, including research, commercialisation, =20 education and linkages.
Accountabilities and Associated Responsibilities
* Achieve the highest international standards of research;
* Contribute to the management of the research projects and functions of the Research Laboratory;
* Form research synergies with researchers in other NICTA themes and projects and with external partner organisations;
* Contribute to the teaching of advanced courses;
* Contribute to NICTA's international image by participating in international projects, presentations at conferences, international collaborative projects and attracting high quality international research, and by being invited by high quality international research institutions;
* Contribute to research interaction with industry with a view to generating economic impact;
* Participate in supervision and review of PhD students;
* Contribute to the corporate development of NICTA through assisting in the induction, training and mentoring of staff;
* Maintain high ethical and performance standards.
* PhD qualification in the relevant area;
* University graduate or some postdoctoral experience in a university and/or commercial research laboratory;
* High quality publication(s)/thesis;
* High quality PhD research;
* Evidence of good quality research and potential to develop individual research;
* Evidence of collaborative work;
* Close fit with NICTA's research activities;
* Research of International standards as evidenced by journals, systems built and reference letters;
* Demonstrated expertise in the area of Software Architecture, including topics such as: enterprise architectures; transformation of legacy systems to service oriented architectures; modelling, simulation, and performance prediction of software architectures; scoping, sizing, and estimation of large business transformation projects; creation and deployment of web services;
* Willingness to comply with EEO and OH&S standards.
* Preparedness to travel interstate;
* Industrial experience in software engineering;
* High level communications skills and confidence suited to liaison with industry partners;
* Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
More information about the ecoop-info