[Ecoop-info] FLoC 2010: Call for Workshop Proposals
Announcements of FME events
events at fmeurope.org
Sat May 16 14:48:07 CEST 2009
THE 2010 FEDERATED LOGIC CONFERENCE (FLoC 2010)
Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K., July 9-21, 2010
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS (proposals are due by July 31, 2009)
* The fifth Federated Logic Conference (FLoC'10), will be 9-21 July, 2010
hosted by the University of Edinburgh. The following seven conferences
will participate in FLoC:
- International Conference on Computer-Aided Verification (CAV).
Workshop Chair: Tomas Vojnar <vojnar at fit.vutbr.cz>.
- International Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP).
Workshop Chair: Veronica Dahl <veronica at cs.sfu.ca>.
- International Joint Conference on Automated Reasoning (IJCAR).
Workshop Chair: Aaron Stump <astump at cs.uiowa.edu>.
- International Conference on Interactive Theorem Proving (ITP).
Workshop Chair: Michael Norrish <Michael.Norrish at nicta.com.au>.
- IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS).
Workshop Co-Chairs: Adriana Compagnoni <abc at cs.stevens.edu> and
Maribel Fernandez <Maribel.Fernandez at kcl.ac.uk>.
- International Conference on Rewriting Techniques and Applications (RTA).
Workshop Chair: Christopher A. Lynch <clynch at clarkson.edu>.
- International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability
Workshop Chair: Carsten Sinz <sinz at ira.uka.de>.
* The organizers have made arrangements to facilitate the running of
pre-, post-, and mid-FLoC workshops. Each workshop will have its own
registration, with uniform FLoC workshop fees. It is not necessary to
register for FLoC in order to attend workshops. Meeting rooms and
accommodations will be reserved by the university in the center of
- Pre-FLoC workshops: Friday & Saturday, July 9-10
- Mid-FLoC workshops: Wednesday & Thursday, July 14-15
- Post-FLoC workshops: Tuesday & Wednesday, July 20-21.
* Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for
workshops on topics relating logic, broadly understood, applied to
computer science. Each workshop proposal must indicate one sponsoring
conference among the participating conferences. (It is suggested
that prospective workshop organizers contact the relevant conference
Workshop Chair before submitting a proposal.) Workshops will have to be
financially self-supporting, unless the sponsoring conference
accepts financial responsibility. The FLoC Organizing Committee will
determine the final list of accepted workshops based on the recommendations
from the Workshop Chairs of the sponsoring conferences and subject to
the availability of space and facilities.
* Proposals should consist of two parts. First, a short scientific
justification of the proposed topic, its significance, and the
particular benefits of the workshop to the community, as well as a list of
previous or related workshops (if relevant). A second, organizational part
- contact information of the workshop organizers
- proposed sponsoring conference
- estimate of the audience size
- proposed format and agenda (for example, demo sessions, tutorials, etc.)
- potential invited speakers
- procedures for selecting papers and participants
- plans for dissemination, if any (for example, special issues of journals)
- duration (which may vary from one day to two days) and
- special technical or AV needs.
* Workshops are strongly encouraged to find external financial support.
This will be wholly their responsibility. Modest funding, based upon
numbers of registrants, minus FLoC local expenses, will be made available
to each workshop.
* Proposals are due by July 31, 2009. Organizers will be notified by
September 15, 2009. Proposals should be submitted electronically
to EasyChair at the following address (which opens June 18, 2009):
(Clearly indicate at the top of the proposal the relevant conference.)
For further enquiries or information, please contact:
Philip Scott (FLoC Workshop Chair)
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Ottawa
Ottawa, Ont. Canada K1N 6N5
Email: phil at site.uottawa.ca
You are subscribed to the FLoC 2010 mailing list.
To unsubscribe please send an email to majordomo at informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
with the keywords unsubscribe floc2010 in the message body.
events mailing list
events at fmeurope.org
More information about the Ecoop-info