[ecoop-info] Open postdoctoral research positions in computational mathematics - University of Lugano
mauro.prevostini at usi.ch
Tue Apr 20 15:32:58 CEST 2010
Università della Svizzeria Italiana
(University of Lugano)
Faculty of Informatics
Institute of Computational Science
*********** Open postdoctoral research positions in computational
The Institute of Computational Science (ICS) in the Faculty of
Informatics at the University of Lugano (http://www.ics.inf.usi.ch)
invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the area of
The research positions are part of the Swiss HP2C-initiative
(High-Performance and High Productivity Computing Initiative,
http://www.hp2c.ch). The successful applicants will work in close
collaboration with researchers in Switzerland and world-wide.
The areas of focus of these positions include:
- Development, analysis and implementation of parallel numerical methods
for high performance computing.
- Actively collaborating with the HP2C applications development teams
and the groups at ICS.
- Publishing papers in high-quality refereed conferences and journals.
The candidates should meet the following requirements:
- A master or diploma and doctoral degree in mathematics, computer
science or related disciplines with a strong focus on scientific
- Strong background in High Performance Computing and/or Computational
- Fluency (written and oral) in English.
Knowledge in the following areas is welcome:
- (massively) parallel computing;
- (nonconforming) domain decomposition techniques;
- adaptive methods (e.g. adaptive finite elements);
- nonlinear and inverse problems;
- state of the art solution and discretization methods;
- hierarchical methods, wavelets, multipol;
- programming experience with C/C++ and MPI;
- mathematical modeling and numerical analysis;
- multi core chips, concurrency-supporting languages and hardware
Applications should be sent by e-mail to decanato.inf at usi.ch including
the following documents:
- a complete CV;
- a journal article published or under submission;
- a letter stating the reasons of your interest and your competences in
Position will be for a three years term at standard conditions for
postdoctoral fellows at USI.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Applications submitted until
May 31, 2010
will be treated with higher priority. Owing to the large number of
enquiries expected, only those applicants whose profiles are likely to
fit the positions will be notified for further details and eventual
For additional information, please contact rolf.krause at usi.ch.
More information about the ecoop-info