[ecoop-info] ECSA 2010 Call for Workshop Proposals
danny.weyns at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Feb 11 22:33:31 CET 2010
ECSA 2010 Call for Workshop Proposals
The 4th European Conference on Software Architecture Organizing
Committee invites proposal for workshops to be held in conjunction with
the main conference in Copenhagen Denmark, August, 23-26, 2010.
Workshops offer an excellent opportunity to meet people and explore
emerging topics in the field of software architecture. Preferable, an
ECSA workshop should focus on a specific topic of interest in the field,
ranging from theoretical foundations to practical applications. The idea
of workshops is to foster lively discussion rather than having formal
presentation, and encourage collaborations among participants.
Workshop organizers should submit their proposals (in a single pdf file)
directly to the workshop chairs via workshops-ecsa2010 at cs.kuleuven.be
Workshop proposals should include the following information (with a
maximum length of 2 pages):
1. The title and a description of the workshop, including a clear
description of the topic and a motivation why the topic is of interest
for the software architecture community.
2. A draft schedule of the workshop with a duration of either a half day
or a full day. The schedule should highlight the interactive nature of
the proposed workshop.
3. An indication of the expected number of papers/attendees attracted
for the workshop.
4. The complete contact information of the workshop organizers, incl. a
brief biography and an overview of previous experiences with organizing
The workshop chairs will select workshops based on the
scientific/technical interest of the topics, the clarity of the proposal
in addressing the requested information, the innovativeness of workshop
topics, and the capacity of the conference workshop program.
The workshop organizers are responsible for:
* Set up a website for the workshop
* Advertise the workshop and solicit submissions
* Provide a 2-page description of the workshop for inclusion in the ECSA
* Handle the paper submission and reviewing process and collect the
* Coordinate the workshop sessions and stimulate discussion
* Report on the workshop discussion and main achievements during a
wrap-up plenary discussion
* Deadline for workshop proposals: March 1, 2010
* Notification of acceptance: March 8, 2010
* Workshops: August 23, 2010
Contact: workshops-ecsa2010 at cs.kuleuven.be
Workshop Chairs: Rafael Capilla and Danny Weyns
More information about the ecoop-info