[ecoop-info] CALL FOR PARTICIPATION ECOOP 2010 - Maribor, June 21-25 2010
noreply-ecoop2010 at uni-mb.si
Tue May 25 10:06:57 CEST 2010
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION ECOOP 2010 - Maribor, June 21-25 2010
24th European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP 2010)
Maribor, June 21-25 2010
This year's ECOOP offers:
3 invited talks
25 high quality papers at the main conference
Summer school with 6 sessions
-- REGISTRATION --
For online registration, please visit http://ecoop2010.uni-mb.si/ and click on the left menu item "Registration".
The late registration deadline is *June 12, 2010*
(100€ discount for the main conference and 50€ discount for workshops – in comparison with on-site registration)
Also, the main conference attendees can receive a 20% discount on the price of the tutorials.
-- CONTENT --
In the ECOOP 2010 number of high quality papers will be presented and discussed within the community of experts. The aim of the conference is to disseminate research results and experience in all areas relevant to object technology, including work that takes inspiration from, or builds connections to, areas not commonly considered object-oriented. Some of the topics, covered within the high quality conference papers, workshop papers, doctoral symposium and summer school, are:
• Analysis, design methods and design patterns
• Concurrent, real-time or parallel systems
• Databases, persistence and transactions
• Distributed and mobile systems
• Frameworks, product lines and software architectures
• Language design and implementation
• Testing and metrics
• Programming environments and tools
• Theoretical foundations, type systems, formal methods
• Versioning, compatibility, software evolution
• Aspects, components, modularity, reflection
• Collaboration, workflow
• Transcending the limitations of object-oriented programming
• Empirical studies of object-oriented programming
Research papers accepted to the main conference, workshop or doctoral symposium advance the current state of the art, and present both, experimentally based work and mathematical results. Experience papers describe novel insight gained from the practical application of object technology, in such a way that it is of interest to a broad group of researchers and practitioners.
ECOOP 2010 is being organized by the University of Maribor, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and CEKTRA in cooperation with ACM, ACM Sigplan, ACM Sigsoft and Information and Software Technology (IST) journal under the aegis of the AITO. The conference continues a well-established tradition of scientific conferences in the field of object-oriented programming and related areas.
The venue is in the heart of Maribor, a beautiful city with the oldest vine in the world. Visiting the city will give you a great opportunity to enjoy Slovenia, this year’s No. 5 top world destination, rated by National Geographic Traveler in Places Rated Destination Stewardship survey. Also, at the time of the conference most internationally recognized Slovenian festival will take place in Maribor - Festival Lent.
The conference program includes three outstanding keynote speeches:
* Code Roots, Doug Lea - Computer Science Department,
State University of New York at Oswego, USA
* The role of empirical methods in software practice,
David Budgen - School of Engineering &
Computing Sciences, University of Durham, UK
* Secret Valley, Eric Ernst - Department of
Computer Science, Aarhus University, Denmark
Also, 9 workshops are scheduled on June 21th and 22th.
* On Monday 21 June:
- Workshop on Advances in Functional Size Measurement and Effort Estimation
- International Workshop on Formalization Of Modeling Languages (FML'10)
- 1st Workshop on Testing Object-Oriented Systems
* On Tuesday 22 June:
- 2nd International Workshop on Context-oriented Programming (COP'10)
- 12th Workshop on Formal Techniques for Java-like Programs (FTfJP'10)
- Workshop on the Implementation, Compilation, Optimization of Object-Oriented Languages, Programs and Systems (ICOOOLPS 2010)
- 7th European Lisp Workshop (ELW-10)
- 4th Workshop on MechAnisms for SPEcialization, Generalization and inHerItance (MASPEGHI'10)
- 7th Workshop on Reflection, AOP and Meta-Data for Software Evolution (RAM-SE'10)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ecoop-info