[ecoop-info] AOSD 2012 Student Volunteer program
pinto at lcc.uma.es
Fri Dec 9 15:11:52 CET 2011
*** AOSD 2012 ***
March 25-30, 2012
Hasso-Plattner-Institut Potsdam, Germany
Call for STUDENT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM at "MODULARITY: AOSD 2012"
The Student Volunteer program is a great opportunity for students interested
in topics of advanced modularity and Aspect-Oriented Software Development
(AOSD) to stay tuned on the cutting edge scientific and technical advances
in this area. This is also an opportunity for the interested grad and
undergrad students to engage with their peers: both students and senior
researchers and practitioners. As ever, the AOSD 2012 Student Volunteer
program will strive to provide an active and interactive environment for the
students to benefit from the research program of the conference, as well as
to develop their professional network and enjoy the social events.
Special Call for Students From European Universities
* The AOSD 2012 Student Volunteer program will provide 10 dedicated spots
for graduate students from European universities
* The applications will be prioritized based on the relevance of the student
work to AOSD, the potential extension of the AOSD community via integration
of related work from new/underrepresented research groups, and the
circumstances of individual students.
The student volunteers will receive:
* Free student registration for the conference.
* Free participation in all social events including one banquet ticket.
* Excellent networking opportunities: both working as a team with other
volunteers, and interacting with other conference participants.
* The program chairs will strive to (as much as possible) ensure that the
volunteers are assigned to the tutorials, workshops, demonstrations or other
events of their interest.
* When not on duty, volunteers will have free admission to all conference
events, provided space is available.
The student volunteers will provide 15-20 hours of work on conference
support tasks throughout the duration of the conference, including:
* Technical assistance for the main conference sessions, workshops,
tutorials, demonstrations, or evening events.
* Help at conference bag packing and signposting.
* Help at the registration desk.
* Help in arranging, rearranging and disassembling conference facilities.
* Technical assistance to speakers and conference participants.
The applicants for student volunteer positions must be:
* Enrolled as a full-time student during the 2011-2012 academic year.
* Willing to be friendly (no natural outgoing personality required, just a
strong desire to do a good job).
* Proficient in English.
* Proficiency in other languages is an advantage.
How to Apply
Please send your application in English by email to the Student Volunteers
Chairs at [student-volunteers at aosd.net]. The Student Volunteers Chairs
will confirm receipt of the submission. An application should include:
* A short motivation Letter;
* A CV
* Contact name, phone number, and email address of a faculty member at your
institution who will recommend you as a student volunteer (Supervisors might
be contacted to confirm the appropriateness of the
* The dates and times of your arrival and departure
In the event that ones student volunteer application is not accepted, you
may still register using the early registration rate. Please contact
registration at aosd.net.
If you have further questions please contact the Student Volunteers Chairs
(Ruzanna Chitchyan or Jens Lincke) at volunteers at aosd.net.
More information about the ecoop-info