[ecoop-info] SNAPI2011 deadline in 1 week (7th IEEE International Workshop on Storage Network Architecture and Parallel I/Os)

Ming Zhao zhaom at cis.fiu.edu
Fri Jan 21 13:04:18 CET 2011

[Just a gentle reminder that the deadline is only one week away]

                          Call for Papers
                  7th IEEE International Workshop on
            Storage Network Architecture and Parallel I/Os
                            (SNAPI 2011)
                    http://snapi2011.cis.fiu.edu

                 May 25, 2011  Denver, Colorado, USA
            In conjunction with the 27th IEEE Conference on
           Mass Storage Systems and Technologies (MSST 2011)

SCOPE:
------

The 7th IEEE Storage Networking Architecture and Parallel I/O (SNAPI
2011) Workshop aims to highlight the latest research in the
architecture, design, implementation, and evaluation of local and
networked storage and parallel I/O systems. The workshop is co-located
with the 27th IEEE Conference on Mass Storage Systems and Technologies
(MSST2011) that features a full week dedicated to "all things storage".
The SNAPI 2011 workshop, held in the middle of the MSST week, will
feature a full day of technical papers that showcase the latest work
from the academia, the labs, and the industry.

This year we would like to encourage a variety of submissions including
novel idea papers, real system experience papers, as well as analysis
and evaluation papers. Topics of interest include, but are not limited
to:

* Caching, replication, and consistency
* Energy-efficient storage
* Evaluation of networked storage architectures
* Experiences with real systems
* File and block based network storage
* Integration and evaluation of emerging storage technology
* I/O quality of service
* New abstractions/protocols for data, storage, and I/O
* Parallel I/O
* Performance, scalability, and manageability of networked storage
* SSD-based storage architectures and tiered storage
* Storage device and workload characterization
* Storage networking
* Storage reliability and failure management
* Storage virtualization
* Thin provisioning, consolidation, compression, and deduplication
* Wide-area networked storage

SUBMISSIONS INSTRUCTIONS:
-------------------------

Submissions should not exceed 8 single-space pages including all text,
figures, and references. Submissions must be typeset as double-column
text, using no less than 10 pt font, and using a text block that does
not exceed 6.5" width and 9" height.

The reviewing is double-blind. Authors must not be identified in the
submission either directly or indirectly. Please be careful so as to not
refer to your own work in the first person or leak authorship in any way
within the text of the paper. Reviewing will be performed by the members
of the SNAPI’11 Program Committee. Each paper will receive at least
three reviews from members of the Program Committee.

The final version of the paper prepared after incorporating reviewer
feedback should be submitted by April 1st, 2011. At least one author of
each accepted paper will be expected to attend the workshop and present
their work in a 25 minute talk.

BEST PAPER AWARD:
-----------------

Authors of the best paper, chosen by the Program Committee, will be
presented an award at the workshop.

Important dates:
----------------

* Full paper submission: January 28, 2011
* Notification of acceptance: March 4, 2011
* Final manuscripts due: April 1, 2011
* Workshop: May 25, 2011

* Program Chair:
 o Raju Rangaswami, Florida International University

* Program Committee:
 o Angelos Bilas, FORTH and University of Crete
 o Randal Burns, Johns Hopkins University
 o Dan Feng, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
 o Dirk Grunwald, University of Colorado, Boulder
 o Ajay Gulati, VMware
 o Ron Oldfield, Sandia National Laboratory
 o Vijayan Prabhakaran, Microsoft Research
 o Himabindu Pucha, IBM Research - Almaden
 o A. L. Narasimha Reddy, Texas A&M University
 o Alma Riska, College of William and Mary
 o Philip Roth, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
 o Jiri Schindler, NetApp
 o Rajeev Thakur, Argonne National Laboratory
 o Bhuvan Urgaonkar, Pennsylvania State University
 o Youjip Won, Hanyang University
 o Ming Zhao, Florida International University

* Web and Publicity Chair:
 o Ming Zhao, Florida International University

* Steering Committee:
 o Qing Yang, University of Rhode Island
 o Hong Jiang, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
 o Xubin He, Tennessee Tech University

SPONSORSHIP:
IEEE Mass Storage Systems Technical Committee (MSSTC)

Information:
* SNAPI 2001 Web: http://snapi2011.cis.fiu.edu
* MSST 2011 Web: http://storageconference.org
* Email: snapi2011 at cis.fiu.edu

--
Ming Zhao, Assistant Professor
School of Computing and Information Sciences