[ecoop-info] Associate Professor in Ubiquitous Computing and Interaction, Aarhus University, Denmark.

Kaj Grønbæk kgronbak at cs.au.dk
Mon Apr 16 21:37:12 CEST 2012

Please distribute the following announcement to potential candidates.

Best regards

Kaj Grønbæk
------------------------
Associate Professor in Ubiquitous Computing and Interaction

A position as associate professor is available at the Department of Computer Science (www.cs.au.dk) starting August 1, 2012.

The department has research groups within “Algorithms and Data Structures”, “Data-Intensive Systems”, “Cryptography and Security”, “Mathematical Computer Science”, “Ubiquitous Computing and Interaction”, “Computer-Mediated Activity”, “Use, Design and Innovation”, “Programming Languages”, “Computer Graphics and Image Processing” and “Bioinformatics”. In addition we want to build competences within “Software Engineering / Multicore/ Systems”, “Machine Learning / Data Mining” and “Quantum Informatics”.

Applicants must document a strong record of original research and have teaching experience at both the undergraduate and graduate level.

The department has a staff of 140 people including 25 full and associate professors, 5 assistant professors, 25 post docs and 65 PhD students. The number of students is approximately 1,000.

Further information can be obtained from head of department Kurt Jensen (kjensen at cs.au.dk) or professor Kaj Grønbæk (kgronbak at cs.au.dk).

Formalities and salary range
The Faculty of Science refers to the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Danish Universities under the Danish Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation.

Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.

The application must be in English and include a curriculum vitae, degree certificate, a complete list of publications, a statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any). The recommended level of detail.

Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Unions.

Deadline
All applications must be made online and received by:

11/05/2012

Please apply online here