[ecoop-info] Open PhD and Postdoc positions at the University of Marburg

kos at mathematik.uni-marburg.de kos at mathematik.uni-marburg.de
Fri Aug 3 11:18:47 CEST 2012

Dear all,

we are happy to announce that we have new openings at the PhD and PostDoc
level.   The Programming Language and Software Technology
Group, headed by Klaus Ostermann, conducts research dedicated to
developing new technologies that help to construct high-quality
software in a productive way. We use and develop an exciting set of
technologies involving functional, object-oriented, domain-specific and
aspect-oriented programming languages, software product lines, parser
technology, language-integrated queries, static and dynamic software
analysis,  type systems, and  many other topics. For more information
consult http://www.uni-marburg.de/fb12/ps/

We offer positions with a lot of freedom to choose and develop
research topics, few obligations, collaboration with a very strong group
of researchers,  competitive salary,   and opportunities to develop a
strong academic career path.  We expect PhD applicants to have
demonstrated the potential for scientific excellence in areas related to
our own research, and applicants for Postdoc positions to have published
in high-quality venues related to our research domains.

Knowledge of German is a plus but not required; the default communication
language in our group is English.

Marburg is an attractive small "student town" right in the center of
Germany.  We are only an hour ride away from Frankfurt Airport, which will
 bring you to many destinations worldwide in a single hop.

To apply for a position, please send informal inquiries to Klaus
Ostermann  (contact data can be found on our website, or reply to this
email).

We are flexible with regard to the starting date, but generally the
sooner the better.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Klaus Ostermann