[ecoop-info] IFIP/IEEE IM 2013 - Submission Extension: 4 September 2012 (final)

Yixin Diao diao at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 16 15:22:03 CEST 2012

                                  IM 2013
The 13th IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management

                      Ghent, Belgium, 27-31 May 2013
                          http://www.im2013.org/

                 (Paper Submission Date: 4 September 2012)

The 13th IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management
(IM 2013) will be held 27-31 May 2013 in the beautiful city center of
Ghent, Belgium and hosted by Ghent University. Held in odd-numbered years
since 1989, IM 2013 follows the 25 years tradition of NOMS and IM as the
primary IEEE Communications Society's forum for technical exchange on
management of information and communication technology focusing on
research, development, integration, standards, service provisioning, and
user communities. IM 2013 will focus on recent, emerging approaches and
technical solutions for dealing with future cloud, network and ICT
infrastructures, as well as with novel services provided on top of these
infrastructures. IM 2013 will offer five types of sessions: technical,
application, poster, panel and dissertation. High quality will be assured
through a well qualified Technical Program Committee and stringent peer
review of paper submissions. A special call for demonstrations is organized
to allow industry partners and researchers to demonstrate early products
and prototypes.

TOPICS OF INTEREST

Authors are invited to submit papers that fall into or are related to the
topic areas that are listed below. In addition, we invite submissions of
proposals for demonstrations, exhibits, technical panels, tutorials and
workshops. Papers can be submitted as technical session full papers,
technical session short papers, experience session papers and dissertation
papers.

Network Management & Operational Experience
- Wireless & mobile networks
- Broadband access networks
- Future Internet
- Content distribution networks
- Data Centers
- Home networks
- Smart Grids
- Automotive and Vehicular  Networks
- Cognitive Radio networks
- IP/MPLS networks
- Optical networks
- Overlay networks
- Ad-hoc networks
- Sensor networks
- M2M networks
- Personal Area networks
- P2P networks
- Heterogeneous networks
- Management of Software Defined Networking (SDN)

Management Approaches
- Centralized management
- Distributed management
- Autonomic and self-management
- Policy-based management
- Integrated management
- Management architectures

Service Management
- Multimedia service management
- Managed service provisioning
- OTT service management
- Data service management
- IT service management
- Hosting
- Data center management
- Cloud computing
- Virtualized infrastructure management
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Platform as a Service
- Software as a Service
- Management as a Service

Management Enablers & Technologies
- Protocols
- Middleware
- Web Services
- Mobile agents
- Data, information, and semantic modeling
- Virtualization
- Message and software buses
- Social networking
- Network programmability
- Software product lines
- Software engineering for clouds

Management Functions
- Deployment
- Service Fulfillment
- Service Assurance
- Service Level Management
- Diagnostics, Tracing, Troubleshooting
- Fault management
- Security Management, IDS, IPS
- Billing
- Energy management

Methodologies for Network Operations and Management
- Control theory
- Optimization theory
- Economic theory
- Machine learning
- Data mining
- Probability, stochastic processes, and queuing theory
- Design and simulation
- Experimental approaches
- Visualization
- Data collection and aggregation
- Software engineering methodologies

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Authors are invited to submit original contributions (written in English)
in PDF format through the IM 2013 web site. Only original papers that have
not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere can be submitted.
Each submission will be limited to 8 pages (full papers) or 4 pages (short
papers) in IEEE 2-column style. Papers exceeding these limits, multiple
submissions, and self-plagiarized papers will be rejected without further
review. The authors of the IM 2013 top papers will be encouraged to extend
their work and submit to IEEE TNSM (IEEE Transactions on Network and
Service Management. These extended papers will undergo the normal TNSM
peer-review process.

To be published in the IFIP/IEEE IM 2013 Conference Proceedings and IEEE
Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the
conference at the full or limited (member or non-member) rate and the paper
must be presented at the conference. Non-refundable registration fees must
be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready
version of the paper. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full
or limited registration is valid for up to 3 papers. Accepted and presented
papers will be published in the IFIP/IEEE IM 2013 Conference Proceedings
and IEEE Xplore®.

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper submission: September 4, 2012 (extended deadline)
Notification of acceptance: November 5, 2012
Camera ready submission: January 15, 2013

GENERAL CO-CHAIRS

- Alexander Clemm, Cisco, USA
- Piet Demeester, Ghent University - IBBT, Belgium

TPC CO-CHAIRS

- Choong Seon Hong, Kyung Hee University, Korea
- Yixin Diao, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
- Filip De Turck, Ghent University-IBBT, Belgium

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

- Osamu Akashi, NTT
- Ehab Al-Shaer, University of North Carolina, Charlotte
- Nikos Anerousis, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
- Shingo Ata, Osaka City University
- Remi Badonnel, University of Nancy - LORIA
- Javier Baliosian, University of the Republic
- Arosha Bandara, The Open University
- Claudio Bartolini, HP Laboratories
- Joseph Betser, The Aerospace Corporation
- Thomas Bocek, University of Zurich
- Raouf Boutaba, University of Waterloo
- David Breitgand, IBM - Haifa Research Lab
- Marcus Brunner, NEC Europe Ltd.
- Seraphin Calo, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
- Ritu Chadha, Applied Communication Sciences
- Marinos Charalambides, University College London
- Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs
- Omar Cherkaoui, University of Quebec in Montreal
- Lucy Cherkasova, Hewlett Packard Labs
- Mi-Jung Choi, Kangwon National University
- Piotr Cholda,  AGH University of Science and Technology
- Isabelle Chrisment, LORIA - University of Nancy 1
- Alexander Clemm, Cisco Systems
- Hermann De Meer, University of Passau
- Jose De Souza, UFC
- Filip De Turck, Ghent University - IBBT
- Bart De Vleeschauwer, Alcatel-Lucent
- Luca Deri, ntop.org
- Yixin Diao, IBM Research
- Aldri dos Santos, Universidade Federal do Parana
- Guillaume Doyen, UTT
- Gabi Dreo Rodosek, University of Federal Armed Forces, Munich
- Elias P. Duarte Jr., UFPR
- Tamar Eilam, IBM
- Liam Fallon, Ericsson
- Metin Feridun, IBM Research
- Olivier Festor, INRIA Nancy - Grand Est
- Joel Fleck II, Hewlett Packard
- Jerome Francois, University of Luxembourg
- Stephane Frenot, INRIA Amazones
- Luciano Paschoal Gaspary, UFRGS
- Kurt Geihs, Universitaet Kassel
- Yacine Ghamri-Doudane , ENSIIE & Universite Paris-Est (LIGM lab)
- Alberto Gonzalez, Cisco Systems
- Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville, UFRGS
- Sidath Handurukande, Ericsson Ireland
- Go Hasegawa, Osaka University
- Peer Hasselmeyer, NEC Laboratories Europe
- David Hausheer, TU Darmstadt
- James Hong, POSTECH
- Brendan Jennings, TSSG, Waterford Institute of Technology
- Hongtaek Ju, Keimyung University
- Georgios Karagiannis, University of Twente
- Martin Karsten, University of Waterloo
- Alexander Keller, IBM Global Technology Services
- Jinho Kim, NTT DOCOMO, INC.
- Myung-Sup Kim, Korea University
- Yoonhee Kim, Sookmyung Women's Univ.
- Young-Tak Kim, Yeungnam University
- Kazuhiko Kinoshita, Osaka University
- Yoshiaki Kiriha, NEC
- Steven Latre, Ghent University
- David Lewis, Trinity College Dublin
- Noura Limam, University of Waterloo
- Antonio Liotta, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Jorge Lobo, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
- Jorge Lopez de Vergara, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
- Emil Lupu, Imperial College
- Hanan Lutfiyya, University of Western Ontario
- Leonidas Lymberopoulos, National Technical University of Athens
- Edmundo Madeira, UNICAMP
- Thomas Magedanz, Fraunhofer Institut FOKUS
- Clarissa Marquezan, Paluno, University of Duisburg-Essen
- Jean-Philippe Martin-Flatin, EPFL
- Deep Medhi, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Michael Menth, University of Tuebingen
- Jose-Marcos Nogueira, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais
- Michele Nogueira, Universidade Federal do Paraná
- Declan O'Sullivan, Trinity College Dublin
- Philippe Owezarski, LAAS-CNRS
- Gerard Parr, University of Ulster
- George Pavlou, University College London
- Aiko Pras, University of Twente
- Bruno Quoitin, Universite de Mons
- Danny Raz, Technion
- Helmut Reiser, Leibniz-Supercomputing Centre
- Ramin Sadre, University of Twente
- Jacques Sauve, Universidade Federal de Campina Grande
- Thomas Schaaf, MNM Team
- Juergen Schoenwaelder, Jacobs University Bremen
- Choong Seon Hong, Kyung Hee University
- Joan Serrat, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
- Adarsh Sethi, University of Delaware
- Paulo Simoes, University of Coimbra
- Morris Sloman, Imperial College London
- Anna Sperotto, University of Twente
- Rolf Stadler, KTH
- Radu State, University of Luxembourg
- Malgorzata Steinder, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
- Burkhard Stiller, University of Zurich and ETH Zurich
- John Strassner, Huawei
- Makoto Takano, NTT
- Vanish Talwar, HP Laboratories
- Yoshiaki Tanaka, Waseda University
- Toshio Tonouchi, NEC
- Mauro Tortonesi, University of Ferrara
- Mehmet Ulema, Manhattan College
- Sven van der Meer, Ericsson
- Zhikui Wang, HP Laboratories
- Christopher Ward, SiriusXM
- Carlos Westphall, Federal Uiversity of Santa Catarina
- S. Felix Wu, University of California at Davis
- Jiahai Yang, Tsinghua University
- Xiaoyun Zhu, VMware Inc.
- Artur Ziviani, LNCC

For more information, please contact one of the TPC Co-Chairs at
tpcchairs at im2013.org

|                        Join IFIP/IEEE IM 2013 at:                        |
|    Join us on LinkedIn     Join us on Twitter     Join us on Facebook    |
|  Stay up to date and join the conversation by clicking the logos above!  |