[ecoop-info] CONCUR 2013 - Call for affiliated workshops
damian at famaf.unc.edu.ar
Wed Dec 5 16:54:47 CET 2012
[We apologise for multiple copies.]
* CONCUR 2013 * (http://www.concur-conferences.org/concur2013)
Call for affiliated workshops
The 24th Conference on Concurrency Theory (CONCUR 2013) will be held from August 26th to August 31st 2013, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It will be co-located with the 10th International Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems (QEST), the 11th International Conference on Formal Modeling and Analysis of Timed Systems FORMATS and the 8th International Symposium on Trustworthy Global Computing (TGC).
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for workshops to be affiliated to CONCUR 2013, on topics related to concurrency theory and its applications. Example topics include: semantics, logics, verification techniques for concurrent systems, cross-fertilization between industry and academia and opportunities for young and prospective researchers.
Past CONCUR conferences have been accompanied by successful workshops on a variety of topics, such as formal and foundational methods, models of systems (biological, timed), security issues, semantical issues, and verification methods. See the following links for examples of past workshops:
The purpose of the workshops is to provide participants with a friendly, interactive atmosphere for presenting novel ideas and discussing their application.
The workshops take place on Monday, August 26th and Saturday, August 31st, 2013.
Proposals should include:
* The name and the preferred date of the proposed workshop.
* Proposed workshop duration.
* A short scientific summary of the topic, its scope and significance, including a discussion on the relation with CONCUR topics.
* If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop, including dates, organizers, submission and acceptance counts, and attendance.
* Procedures for selecting papers and/or talks, plans for dissemination (for example, proceedings and special issues of journals), and the expected number of participants.
Workshop proposals due: January 14, 2013
Notification of acceptance: January 21, 2013
Workshops: August 26 and August 3, 2013
Submissions to: Eduardo Bonelli (ebonelli at unq.edu.ar) and Diego Garbervetsky (diegog at dc.uba.ar)
The CONCUR organization offers:
* Link from the CONCUR web site.
* Setup of meeting space, and related equipment.
* On-line and on-site registration to the workshop.
* One free workshop registration (for an invited speaker)
The main responsibility of organizing a workshop goes to the workshop chairperson(s), including:
* Workshop publicity (possibly including call for papers, submission and review process).
* Scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the CONCUR workshop chairs.
For more information, please contact us via email ebonelli at unq.edu.ar and diego at dc.uba.ar
The CONCUR 2013 workshop chairs,
Eduardo Bonelli and Diego Garbervetsky
More information about the ecoop-info