[ecoop-info] Semantic Web Journal: Call for Papers on Big Data: Theory and Practice

Pascal Hitzler pascal.hitzler at wright.edu
Wed Jan 4 15:32:41 CET 2012

Deadline: February 13, 2012

Semantic Web Journal: Call for Papers on Big Data: Theory and Practice

http://www.semantic-web-journal.net/blog/semantic-web-journal-call-papers-big-data-theory-and-practice

Semantic Web Journal Call for Papers on Big Data: Theory and Practice
http://www.semantic-web-journal.net

The Semantic Web journal calls for innovative and high-quality papers
describing theory and practice of storing, accessing, searching, mining,
processing, and visualizing big data. We especially invite papers that
describe or demonstrate how ontologies, Linked Data, and Semantic Web
technologies can handle the problems arising when integrating massive
amounts of multi-thematic and multi-perspective information from
heterogeneous sources to answer complex questions that cut through
domain boundaries.

We welcome all paper categories, i.e., full research papers, application
reports, systems and tools, ontology papers, as well as surveys, as long
as they clearly relate to challenges and opportunities arising from
processing big data - see our listing of paper types in the author
guidelines. In other words, we expect all submitted manuscripts to
address how the presented work can exploit massive and/or heterogeneous
data.

Topics include but are not limited to

     Sensor Semantics and Smart Dust
     Semantics-based Aggregation and Generalization of (Observation) Data
     Massive Data Integration for the Digital Earth
     Semantic Interoperability and Heterogeneity
     Linked Science
     Knowledge Discovery from Linked Data
     Mining the Social and Mobile Web
     Inductive and Abductive Approaches to Ontology Learning
     Ontology Modularization
     Ontology Evolution
     Knowledge Patterns
     On-the-fly Ontology Alignment and Matching
     Semantic Translation
     Distributed Reasoning
     Handling Uncertainty, Vagueness, and Inconsistencies
     Ontology-driven Data Visualization
     Semantics-enabled User Interfaces to Handle Massive Data
     Trust and Privacy Issues in Publishing and Reasoning about Big Data
     The User as Knowledge Engineer
     Semantics-based Negotiation between Domain Experts
     Dialog and Question Answering Systems based on Linked Data and
Ontologies
     Connecting the Semantic Web with Spatial Data Infrastructures and
the Model Web
     Internet of Things
     Applications of Linked Data

Important Dates
Manuscript submission due: 13. February 2012
First notification: 26. March 2012
Issue publication: Summer 2012

Submissions
The special issue on Big Data Theory and Practice calls for original
high-quality research on any of the above mentioned topics. Authors are
requested to follow the author guidelines, submit online as detailed in
the author guidelines, and include the name of the call within the
submission letter. All manuscripts will be reviewed based on the SWJ
open and transparent review policy and will be made available during
online the review process.

Best Regards,

Pascal Hitzler
Krzysztof Janowicz
Editors-in-Chief

--
Prof. Dr. Pascal Hitzler
Dept. of Computer Science, Wright State University, Dayton, OH