[ecoop-info] FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS: POLICY 2012 -- IEEE International Symposium on Policies for Distributed Systems
sekar at renci.org
Tue Jan 17 16:31:32 CET 2012
Just a reminder that important deadlines are quickly approaching.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: January 20, 2012
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 25, 2012.
Details about this international symposium follow. Please forgive if you receive multiple postings.
CALL FOR PAPERS
IEEE International Symposium on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks (POLICY 2012)
16-18 July 2012
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Policy 2012 brings together researchers and practitioners working on policy-based systems. POLICY 2012 is the 13th in a series of successful events that have provided a forum for discussion and collaboration between researchers, developers and users of policy-based systems.
Organizers of the POLICY 2012 Symposium invites unpublished novel contributions on any aspect of policy-based systems. Papers must describe original work and must not have been accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere. Submitted papers will be evaluated for technical contribution, originality and significance.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Formal aspects and theory
- Models for access control, usage control, trust, privacy
- Specifications, refinement, analysis, reasoning
- Implementation techniques, architectures, tools
- Policy systems for mobile, cloud and ubiquitous computing
- Policy-based networking
- AI approaches, machine learning, agents, natural languages
- HCI and usability aspects
- Organisational, ethical, legal aspects, standards
- Case studies, real-life deployments and experiences
Policy 2012 also invites submissions for demonstrations that illustrate research contributions or innovative applications of policy-based technologies. Those interested in demonstrating a system or application should submit a description following the instructions in the submission information section. Commercial products are eligible, but sales and marketing activities are not appropriate.
Paper Registration deadline: 20 January 2012
Paper submission deadline: 25 January 2012
Author notification: 14 March 2012
Demo submission deadline: 20 February 2012
Demo notification: 14 March 2012
Symposium dates: 16-18 July 2012
Papers under review elsewhere must NOT be submitted to Policy 2012. Proceedings from the Symposium will be published by IEEE Computer Society; submissions must be in IEEE Proceedings 2-Column format.
Contributions can be:
- Technical papers (max length 8 pages including references).
- Short position papers describing preliminary experimental results, experiences with deployed policy systems, new applications or new policy research challenges (max length 4 pages including references)
- Demonstration descriptions illustrating research contributions or applications of policy-based technologies (max length 2 pages including references).
Reagan Moore UNC Chapel Hill, USA
Arcot Rajasekar UNC Chapel Hill, USA
Naranker Dulay Imperial College London, UK
Jeff Kephart IBM T. J. Watson Research Centre, USA
Wanda Monroe UNC Chapel Hill, USA
Chief Scientist, RENCI
Co-Director, DICE Center
UNC, Chapel Hill.
More information about the ecoop-info