[ecoop-info] CFP: Systems of Systems and Collaborative Networks: Models, Methods, and Tools

Jeremy Bryans jeremy.bryans at ncl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 17 12:54:03 CEST 2012

Systems of Systems and Collaborative Networks: Models, Methods
and Tools

A workshop co-located with PRO-VE 2012, the 13th IFIP Working
Conference on Virtual Enterprises (Bournmouth UK, 1st-3rd Oct,
http://www.pro-ve.org)

Aim: To promote collaboration between the Systems of Systems community
and the Collaborative Networks community, with a focus on models,
methods and tools for engineering.

Domain and Scope: CNs and SoSs are found in domains as diverse as Emergency
Response, Air Traffic Management, an Audio/Video home Ecosystem, or
Autonomous Transport or Utility Supply Systems.
Models for CNs and SoSs should provide a means of abstract and rigorous
expression of functional and non-functional properties of
heterogeneous and independent constituent systems, and the contracts
between them, as well as providing a basis for communication between
their diverse stakeholders. We need methods to promote well-founded
analysis and as a basis for engineering of CNs and SoSs. Tools are
required to support the practitioner in applying these methods and
models to the design and development of CNs and SoSs.

We seek work-in-progress contributions that describe Models, Methods
and Tools for Collaborative Networks and Systems of Systems. Suitable
topics include, but are not limited to

o Reconfiguration
o Control
o Collecting, analysing and making use of metadata
o Autonomous reconfiguration
o Self-adaptive and self-organising approaches
o Evolution
o Design and Management
o Contract-based approaches to design
o Benchmarking
o Case studies
o Tooling support for engineering at all stages of the CN and SoS lifecycle
o Tooling support for analysis, including simulation, validation and
verification
o Compositional Analysis
o Testing

Submission: We seek in-scope contributions describing novel
work-in-progress. Submissions should be made via Easychair at

https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=soscns2012

and should be a maximum of 10 pages in LNCS
format. They will be published as a Newcastle University Technical
Report. We will investigate the possibility of publication of
developed work in a special issue of a suitable journal.

Important dates:

Workshop date: within 1-3 October
Submission deadline: 13th August
Notification: 3rd September

The workshop is supported by COMPASS (www.compass-research.eu), a
European Commission FP7 project on Comprehensive Modelling and
Analysis for Advanced Systems of Systems (Project Number 287829). On
the project’s agenda are: development of a modelling framework for SoS
architectures; provision of a sound semantic foundation to support
analysis of global SoS properties; building an open, extensible tools
platform for model construction, simulation, analysis and proof; and
use of case studies to evaluate the framework and methods.

Committee

Jeremy Bryans, Newcastle University, UK (Chair)
Luis Camarinha-Matos, Universidada Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
Giovanna di Marzo Serugendo, University of Geneva, Switzerland
John Fitzgerald, Newcastle University, UK (Chair)
Peter Larsen, IHA, Denmark
Lasse Lorenzen, B&0, Denmark
Jon Holt, Atego, UK
Tomasz Janowski, United Nations University, Macao