[ecoop-info] Invitation to vote and attend: SPLASH workshop on Relaxing Synchronization for Scalability

ungar at mac.com ungar at mac.com
Sun Sep 9 22:43:23 CEST 2012

Dear Colleagues:

The RACES workshop at SPLASH'12 focuses on the possibility of achieving scalability, even on 1000-core processors, by reducing synchronization beyond the point of maintaining determinism or ensuring freedom from data races. You can find the program at:

 http://soft.vub.ac.be/races/vote-on-presentation-and-discussion-time

If you would like to attend, we invite you to help set the schedule by voting at the above link. The voting closes soon: at the end of this Friday, Sept. 14th.
In order to ensure that the total vote reflects actual attendees, when counting votes we will include only those from folks who have preregistered.

We have a collection of interesting papers presented by distinguished speakers who do not exactly agree on everything. So, it promises to be a lively and fascinating discussion, providing some guidance as we continue to sail into the tricky waters of an ever-increasingly-parallel future.

Thank you,

- David Ungar, Doug Kimelman, and the RACES'12 Organizing Committee

PS: We wish to thank Stefan Marr and Mattias De Wael for their administrative and website help, the RACES'12 Program Committee for their publicly-posted and signed insightful reviews, and the authors for their hard work, eloquent writing, and keen insight.

PPS: Please redistribute this announcement as you see fit.