[ecoop-info] DSD 2013 -- EUROMICRO Digital System Design Conference, 4-6 September, Santander, Spain

dsd2013 at fe.up.pt dsd2013 at fe.up.pt
Sun Jan 27 02:20:07 CET 2013

Dear Colleague,

With still plenty of time left for the deadline for papersubmission, we
would like to invite you to submit your work to the 16th Euromicro
Conference on Digital System Design (4-6 September, 2013, Santander,
Spain).  With the local organization of Eugenio Villar(University of
Cantabria), and the seal of quality of Euromicro, we are preparing a
great program, withlively regular sessions, a set of very interesting
special sessionsandkeynote speeches, and plenty of opportunities for
discussions and fruitful exchanges. An extended version of the selected
best papers will be published in a special issue of the ISI-indexed
"Microprocessors and Microsystems: Embedded Hardware Design" journal,
printed by Elsevier.

For more information please have a look at the Call for Papers (below)
or go to the event web page at http://www.teisa.unican.es/dsd-seaa-2013/
where you can also find a pdf version of the CfP.

We look forward to seeing you in Santander, in September.

Best regards,

José Silva Matos, DSD 2013 Program Chair
University of Porto, Portugal

Francesco Leporati, DSD 2013 Program Co-Chair
University of Pavia, Italy

*Call for Papers*

*DSD 2013*

*16th EUROMICRO Conference on Digital System Design*

*Santander, Spain, 4 -- 6 September, 2013

*

*
**Scope*

The Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD) addresses all
aspects of (embedded, pervasive and high-performance) digital and mixed
hardware/software system engineering, covering the whole design
trajectory from requirement specification down to micro-architectures,
digital circuits and their VLSI implementations. It is a discussion
forum for researchers and engineers from academia and industry working
on state-of-the-art investigations, developments and applications.

It focuses on today's and future challenging applications, advanced
system architectures, application analysis and parallelization for
embedded and high-performance hardware and software system-level design,
design automation methods and tools for all design levels, as well as,
on modern implementation technologies from full custom in nanometer
technology nodes, through FPGAs, to multi-core infrastructures. It
covers a multitude of highly relevant design aspects from system,
hardware and embedded-software specification, modeling, analysis,
synthesis and validation, through system adaptability, security,
dependability and fault tolerance, to system energy consumption
minimization and multi-objective optimization.

*Main Topics (Detailed descriptions in the Conference Web Site)*

T1: (APP) Applications of (embedded) digital systems.
T2: (AP-HwSw) Application analysis and parallelization for embedded and
high-performance design.
T3: (SMVT) System, hardware and embedded-software specification,
modeling, verification and test.
T4: (SHES) System, hardware and embedded software design and automatic
synthesis.
T5: (SoC & NoC) Systems-on-a-chip and networks-on-a-chip.
T6: (RC) Programmable/re-configurable/adaptable architectures.
T7: (ET) Important issues introduced by emerging technologies.

*Special Sessions/Organizers*

SS1: (FDR) Flexible Digital Radio /-- Dominique Noguet (CEA -- Minatec, FR)
/SS2: (MSDA) Multicore Systems: Design and Applications -- /Julio
Sahuquillo (UPV Valencia, ES)/
SS3: (DTDS) Dependability and Testing of Digital Systems -- /Hana
Kubatova (CTU Prague, CZ)/
SS4: (FTDSD) Fault Tolerance in Digital Systems Design /-- Zdenek
Kotasek (TU Brno, CZ/)
SS5: (E3S) Energy-Efficient Embedded Systems /-- Twan Basten (TU
Eindhoven, NL)/
SS6: (AHSA) Architectures and Hardware for Security Applications /--
Paris Kitsos (Hellenic Open U, GR)/
SS7: (MaRES) Monitoring and Reconfiguration of Embedded Systems /-- E.
Nigussie, P. Lijeberg (U Turku, FI)
/SS8: (DCPS) Design of Cyber-Physical Systems /-- Davide Quaglia (U
Verona, IT)/
SS9 (EPDSD): European Projects in Digital System Design/-- F. Leporati
(U Pavia, IT), L. Jozwiak (TU Eindhoven, NL)/

*Important Dates*

·*Submission of papers: March 11th, 2013*

·*Notification of acceptance: April 22nd, 2013 *

·*Camera ready papers: May 27th, 2013*

**

*More Information*

DSD 2013 web page

*/http://www.teisa.unican.es/dsd-seaa-2013//*

Euromicro web page

*/http://www.euromicro.org/*

*Submission Guidelines*

Authors are encouraged to submit their manuscripts to
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dsd2013 or, should an
unexpected web access problem be encountered, to send the paper directly
to the Program Chair by email (jsm at fe.up.pt <mailto:jsm at fe.up.pt>),
before the deadline for submission.

Each manuscript should include the complete paper text, all
illustrations, and references. The manuscript should conform to the
required IEEE format: single-spaced, double column, A4/US letter page
size, 10-point size Times Roman font, up to 8 pages. In order to conduct
a blind review, no indication of the authors' names should appear in the
submitted manuscript, references included.

*CPS, Conference Publishing Services, publishes the DSD Proceedings,
which are available worldwide through the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
An extended version of the selected best papers will be published in a
special issue of the ISI-indexed /"Microprocessors and Microsystems:
Embedded Hardware Design"/ journal, printed by Elsevier.*

*
**DSD Steering Committee*

Lech Jozwiak (TU Eindhoven, NL) - Chairman

Krzysztof Kuchcinski (U Lund, SE)
António Nuñez (IUMA/ULPGC, ES)
Francesco Leporati (U Pavia, IT)

*DSD 2013 Program Chairs*

José Silva Matos (U Porto, PT) -- Chair

Francesco Leporati (U Pavia, IT) -- Co-chair

*
DSD 2013 General Chair*

Eugenio Villar (U Cantabria, ES)

*