[ecoop-info] Tenure-Track Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Position: Computer Science Dept. at Iowa State University: Mining Software Repositories

Samik Basu sbasu at iastate.edu
Fri Nov 15 17:57:33 CET 2013

Please post the following announcement to ecoop-info mailing list.

******************

Iowa State University has launched the Presidential High Impact Hires
Initiative to support targeted faculty hiring in areas of strategic
importance. A cluster hire of 12 faculty in five colleges within the
strategically important area of Big Data is included among the 29
high-impact hires targeted in this Presidential Initiative.

As part of the initiative, the Department of Computer Science and the
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences invites applications for a
tenure-track or tenured position at the Assistant Professor, Associate
Professor or Professor level to begin fall 2014.

We are especially interested in candidates with demonstrated track
record in mining software repository (MSR) techniques for large-scale
repositories. Duties for the position include undergraduate and graduate
education; mentoring and engaging undergraduate students; developing and
sustaining externally-funded research; graduate student supervision and
mentoring; and professional and institutional service.

The Computer Science department currently consists of 29 full-time
tenure-track faculty members and 5 lecturers. We offer B.S., M.S., and
Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science and B.S. in Software Engineering (the
Software Engineering degree is jointly administered by the departments
of Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering). We also
participate in a B.S. degree in Bioinformatics and Computational
Biology. We are active in interdepartmental graduate programs in
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Human-Computer Interactions,
and Information Assurance. We have 592 B.S. students, 35 M.S. students,
and 70 Ph.D. students. Almost all Ph.D. students are supported by
research or teaching assistantships. We have strong research and
educational programs in Algorithms and Complexity, Artificial
Intelligence, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Databases, Data
Mining, Information Assurance, Programming Languages, Multimedia
Systems, Operating Systems and Networks, Robotics, and Software
Engineering. Our department has over $5.5 million in active research
grants. With the above interdisciplinary activities included, we
contribute to active research and training grants totaling approximately
$20 million.

A dynamic faculty, a moderate teaching load (typically 3 courses per
year with one course reduction for active researchers and possible
further reductions for junior faculty), a strong graduate program, and a
well-funded research program provide an excellent academic environment.
In addition, cutting-edge research and education are nurtured through
interdisciplinary interactions facilitated by the Laurence H. Baker
Center for Bioinformatics and Biological Statistics, the Center for
Integrative Animal Genomics, the Cyber Innovation Institute, the
Information Assurance Center, the Department of Energy's Ames
Laboratory, and the Virtual Reality Application Center.

If interested or looking for more details, please visit:
https://www.iastatejobs.com/ and look for Vacancy #131239.To ensure
consideration, please apply by 12/15/2013.For more information on Iowa
State University, please visit:http://www.iastate.edu .ISU is an EO/AA
employer.

-- Best regards
Samik Basu, Associate Professor
Director of Software Engineering Program
Dept. of Computer Science
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Iowa State University
Web: http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~sbasu