[ecoop-info] CfP:[Deadline Extension] IEEE Cloud-CPS 2014 - IEEE International Workshop on Cloud-integrated Cyber Physical Systems 2014, December 15 - 18, 2014, Singapore.
sandra.sendra.upv at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 19:21:23 CEST 2014
[Apologies, if multiple copies of this CFP are received]
CALL FOR PAPERS
IEEE Cloud-CPS 2014: IEEE International Workshop on Cloud-integrated Cyber Physical Systems 2014 (in conjunction with IEEE CloudCom 2014)
December 15 - 18, 2014, Singapore
- Paper submissions: August 25, 2014 (extended)
- Review Notification: Sept. 20, 2014
- Deadline for camera-ready: Oct.5, 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS
Technology has gone through tremendous changes in terms of computing, communications and control to provide wide range of applications in all domains. This advancement provides the opportunities to bridge the physical components/processes and the cyber space leading to the Cyber Physical Systems (CPS). The notion of CPS is to use computing (sensing, analyzing, predicting, understanding, etc.), communication (interaction, intervene, interface management, etc.) and control (inter-operate, evolve, evidence-based certification, etc.) to make intelligent and autonomous systems. Such systems are playing an increasingly prevalent and important role in this electronic era such as healthcare, manufacturing, civil infrastructure, aerospace, entertainment, transportation and many automated physical systems. Computing and networking are two major components of CPS and Cloud has infinite resources for both. Cloud-integrated CPS will not only enhance CPS itself but also process, analyze a!
nd manage (CPS) big data efficientl
y. However, there are many issues and hurdles of Cloud-integrated CPS that need discussions.
Our aim is to provide a platform for researchers and practitioners to present their research results in the area of Cloud-integrated Cyber-Physical Systems (Cloud-CPS). The proposed workshop Cloud-CPS 2014 will serve as a forum for researchers from academia, government and industries to exchange ideas, present new results and provide future visions on these topics. Topics of interest include but not limited to:
- Cloud-CPS Architecture.
- Cloud-CPS Modeling and Simulation.
- Virtualization of Physical Components in Cloud-CPS.
- Design and Performance Optimization in Cloud-CPS.
- Cloud-assisted Situation-aware and decision support.
- Big-data Processing and Visualization in Cloud-CPS.
- Mobile Cloud-CPS.
- CPS Architecture.
- Game Theory for Cloud-CPS.
- Tools and Methods for Cloud-CPS.
- Sensor-actuator Networks.
- Security, Privacy, and Trust in Cloud-CPS.
- Intelligent (Road/Air) Transportation Cloud-CPS.
- Cloud-CPS in healthcare.
- Cloud-CPS in energy.
- Fog computing.
- Cloud-CPS: Tools, test beds and deployment issues.
- Opportunistic spectrum access for Cloud-CPS.
The authors are advised to submit their research paper following the IEEE CS format: two columns, single-spaced, including figures and references, using 10 fonts, and number each page. Paper page limit should not exceed 8 pages. Instructions for authors how to format the manuscript can be found at:
Papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition. The papers, in pdf format, should be submitted electronically through:
If there is any problem during submission, please contact the workshop general chairs or db.rawat(at)ieee.org.
All accepted papers will be published by IEEE CS Press (submitted to IEEEXplore) and submitted for indexing by EI and ISSN.
- Ivan Stojmenovic, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Danda B. Rawat, Georgia Southern University, USA
- Jaime Lloret Mauri, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
- Bhed B. Bista, Iwate Prefectural University, Japan
- Song Guo, The University of Aizu, Japan
- Sandra Sendra, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
- Wenjia Li, Georgia Southern University, USA
- The list of members of the Program Committee is published on the web page of the conference.
More information about the ecoop-info