[ecoop-info] MobiCASE 2014: Call for Work-In-Progress Papers, Demos, and Posters
youngkilee at smu.edu.sg
Sat Aug 30 16:14:22 CEST 2014
Call for Work-In-Progress Papers, Demos, and Posters
The Sixth International Conference on
Mobile Computing, Applications and Services
November 06-07, 2014, Austin (Texas, USA)
The International Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications, and Services (MobiCASE) is a premier scientific forum that brings together academic researchers and industrial professionals to advance research in the area of Mobile Computing, Applications, and Services. Now, MobiCASE calls for Work-in-Progress (WiP) papers, live demos and posters. Please see below for more details.
* WiP Papers: MobiCASE seeks to highlight promising research directions through a Work in Progress session, which provides an opportunity to present and discuss new (and perhaps controversial) approaches, challenges, and emerging results. We invite submissions from both industry and academia that advance the state of the art in mobile applications, services, and end-to-end mobile systems.
* Demos and Posters: MobiCASE also seeks to highlight promising research directions and exciting technical innovations through an interactive session that features live demonstrations and posters. The demo session aims to showcase prototypes of devices and software systems at all stages of maturity. The poster session is an excellent venue for highlighting early work on new and controversial mobile applications and end-to-end systems.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Anticipatory Computing
* Mobile Advertising Services
* Mobile Sensing Services and Applications
* Generalizable Approaches for Energy Efficiency
* Mobile Payment Services and Enabling Technologies
* Mobile Sensing
* Wearable Devices and Wearable Computing Applications
* Local and Personalized Search Services
* Context-aware Social Networks and Media
* Context-aware Recommendation Services
* Novel User Experience and Interfaces for Mobile Applications
* Emerging Smartphone Platforms and Supporting Technologies
* Mobile Software Engineering Methodologies, Techniques, and Tools
* Mobile Cloud Computing Platforms and Mobile Web Support
- WiP Papers: Submissions must be max length of 9 pages in Springer LNICST format) via the Confy system. Submissions will be peer-reviewed and will be selected on the basis of technical merit, novelty, and relevance to the mobile computing community. Accepted papers will be included in the MobiCASE proceedings, and authors will present their Work in Progress paper in an interactive session at the conference.
- Demos and Posters: Prospective contributors are expected to submit a short technical paper (max length of 4 pages in Springer LNICST format) via the Confy system. Poster paper submissions must describe the research problem, contribution, and preliminary results. Demo paper submissions must describe the contribution to the state-of-the art, practical setup for the live demo, and technical requirements of the demo. Poster and demo papers will be peer-reviewed and will be selected on the basis of technical merit, novelty, and relevance to the mobile computing community. Accepted papers will be included in the MobiCASE proceedings, and authors will present their associated poster or live demo in an interactive session at the conference.
* Important Dates (applied to WiP, demos, and posters):
Submission Deadline: September 21, 2014
Author Notification: October 2, 2014
Camera Ready Deadline: October 9, 2014
* If you have any questions, please contact MobiCASE WiP, Poster and Demos Chair:
Jamie Payton, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, payton at uncc.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ecoop-info