[ecoop-info] CFP: SDN-NGAS 2014 - Workshop on Software Defined Networks for a New Generation of Applications and Services
angevald at ucm.es
Mon May 26 18:59:23 CEST 2014
*** CALL FOR PAPERS ***
SDN-NGAS 2014 - Workshop on Software Defined Networks for a New Generation
of Applications and Services
August 20, 2014
Niagara Falls, Canada
Software Defined Networking (SDN) is a promising architecture that is
reinventing the way of thinking the networks. The decoupling of control and
data planes in network devices and the centralized control of the networks
remove the rigidity of today’s networks. This new concept enables the
integration between different heterogeneous architectures and facilitates
the creation of Network Applications and Services more adapted to the needs
of customers. Moreover, this New Generation of Application and Services
opens the door of innovative business opportunities. However, the potential
techno-economic sustainability of SDN requires the consensus between
research community, vendors, regulators and customers. This Workshop
represents a unique opportunity to expose the latest advances in this
technology as well as share experiences and build collaborations.
Topics for this Workshop:
- Advancement in the development of Applications and Services for SDN
- Advancement in Southbound and Northbound APIs for SDN networks.
– SDN programming and simulation.
– Tools for Management and Troubleshooting of SDN based networks.
– Interoperable service-oriented technologies to share real world data
among heterogeneous devices.
– Advanced security, privacy, authentication, trust and verification with
the SDN technology.
– Integration of Software Defined technologies with traditional network
– Performance analysis on single and multi-controller architectures.
– Orchestration of virtual network resources.
– Other related topics.
Paper submission deadline: May 30, 2014
Paper acceptance notification: June 5, 2014
Camera ready papers due: June 19, 2014
Workshop: August 20, 2014
All accepted papers will be scheduled for oral presentations and will be
printed in the conference proceedings published by Elsevier Science in the
open-access Procedia Computer Science series (on-line). Procedia Computer
Sciences is hosted on www.Elsevier.com <http://www.elsevier.com/> <
http://www.elsevier.com/> and on Elsevier content platform ScienceDirect (
www.sciencedirect.com<http://www.sciencedirect.com/> ), and will be freely
available worldwide. All papers in Procedia will be indexed by Scopus (
www.scopus.com <http://www.scopus.com/> ) and by Thomson Reuters'
Conference Proceeding Citation Index (
papers will contain linked references, XML versions and citable DOI
numbers. You will be able to provide a hyperlink to all delegates and
direct your conference website visitors to your proceedings. All accepted
papers will also be indexed in DBLP (http://dblp.uni-trier.de/).
Extended and revised version of the best papers presented in the Workshop
will be invited to these two journal special issues: IET Networks (Special
Issue on Software Defined Networking) and IET Wireless Sensor Systems
(Special Issue on Advanced Applications and Services on Software Defined
Networking and Software Defined Sensor Networks).
- Luis Javier Garcia Villalba, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain
- Jun Bi, Tsinghua University, China
Technical Program Committee:
- Jose M. Alcaraz Calero, University of the West of Scotland, UK
- Tarun Banka, Cisco Systems, San Jose, CA, USA
- Sergio Beker, Huawei Technologies, Munich, Germany.
- Anura P. Jayasumana, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, USA
- Eric Keller, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA
- JongWon Kim, GIST, Gwangju, Korea
- Junda Liu, UC Berkeley, ICSI, Google Inc., USA
- Diego Lopez, Telefónica I+D, Spain
- Cristian Lumezanu, NEC-Labs, Princeton, NJ, USA
- Yan Ma, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT), China
- Antonio Manzalini, Telecom Italia, Italy
- David Meyer, Brocade Systems, USA
- Yasuo Okabe, Kyoto University, Japan
- Eddie Ruan, Cisco Systems, CA, USA
- Albert Vico Oton, The i2CAT Foundation, Spain
- Mehmet Can Vuran, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
- Chunming Wu, Zhejiang University, China
- Guang Yao, Tsinghua University, China
- Petros Zerfos, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ecoop-info